David W Furr DO Patient Reviews

3.2
  • 6 reviews

March 17th, 2015
is Dr.Furr still there?
I recently moved to Oklahoma city but I like Dr.Furr and recently was going back so I called and was told they were waiting on new medication to call back so I did and this time til DtFurr was out id have to see Dr. Blake and be considered new pt?

January 28th, 2015
Excellent doctor
I've been very pleased with Dr. Furr and his staff.

January 7th, 2014
Dr Furr is with out a doubt the finest doctor in our area. Dont believe alot of this crap these nuts write about him. I have been a patient since he began his practice and have always been very well cared for by Dr Furr. Looks to me like some folks writing bad reviews have an ax to grind.Dont buy it because its not true. You will NOT find a better doc in the river valley!!!!!

January 6th, 2014
Prompt
I've been seeing Dr. Furr for over 5 years now, I'm a guy that needs to see a doctor every once in awhile. I see him 2-3 times a year and there's been times I haven't seen a bill. Everytime I call I get an appointment that day or the next. Just like any other Doctors office the doctor's not waiting on me... I have to wait 15-20 minutes after my scheduled time. I noticed the waiting room in the new clinic is dated but was told this was just temporary. If the Doctor is waiting on you, that's probably not a good thing. I tell him what my issues are and he writes me prescription or tells me what I can use that is over-the-counter. Would like to spend more time talking but he's always got someone else he needs to see.

November 13th, 2009
very sad
My family has been going to Dr. Furr for many years. My mother called to schedule an appointment and because it was concerning a few different medical issues my mother was going to be charged 2 office visit fees for 1 appointment. (along with her insurance) When she tried to reslove the charges with the girl that answers the phone she said that my mother would have to speak to the office manager to resolve the charge issue. The office manager she encountered was the most disrespectful and unprofessional woman ever working at a doctors office. 3 Days after the conversation between my mother and the office manager we received a letter stating the her and her imediate family had been dropped by Dr. Furr and we needed to seek another doctor else where. After receiving an email from a friend about her experience recently I felt the need to come forward about ours even though it wasn't very recent(Living in a small town word travels of travesties quickly) I see that our family is not alone in the matter of deplorable ethics used at Roland Available Medical Clinic. maybe their motto should be "don't discuss anything involving youself as a patient with my staff or office manager because you will be dropped as a patient as well as you whole family". Patients should have the right to ask questions of why they are being charge for something, insurance questions, appointment issues or perscription issues without the fear of being dropped as a patient because of the staff/office managers short and unprofessional responses to questions/concerns. I would hope that Dr. Furr doesn't just take the word of his staff/office manager but he does not follow up with the patient to find out what exactly happended in the conversation or what the concern was. He wouldn't have to follow up with the patients if the office manager would allow patients to speak with him. I think he is a good man and a good doctor but ethically I won't recommend anyone to endure what my family has endured. we all had to find a new doctor after seeing Dr. Furr for so many years. My mother felt so betrayed that she never even contacted Dr. Furr's office about the certified letter pretty much telling her she was not even worth a phone call or letter to get to the bottom of the situation. She was disposable, trash to be dropped in a can.

November 11th, 2009
Horrible Staff
His office manager Joni is rude, unprofessional, hateful, smart mouthed and uncaring of Dr. Furr's patients concerns of how there experience was during their visit or concerns about their bill. I don't belive Dr. Furr knows how she is treating his patients. I have had friends find other doctors because of her. I asked to personally speak to Dr. Furr but she would not allow that or take a message to him. She said i could make an appointment with him at his normal office visit cost.I like Dr. Furr, he is a good doctor, but he just needs to change up his staff and it would be an excellent experience during a visit.