A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Callanan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Callanan is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Callanan, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Callanan graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Callanan has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Callanan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 1 plan