Reproductive Endocrinologist, Obstetrician & Gynecologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Dec 15th, 2014

We are so grateful to have found Dr. Diaz and his team. From day one, we felt welcomed and treated like family. Dr. Diaz is very kind and patient. He explains everything and answers any questions. You can tell that Dr. Diaz and his staff thoroughly enjoy what they do and treat patients with compassion. They feel your pain and struggle throughout the process and also the tremendous joy when the moment comes to say “you’re pregnant!” No words can describe how incredibly thankful we are that we had Dr. Diaz and his team to help us start our family!

|  Kind, Informative, Personable,  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2014

Dr. Diaz was much more approachable and kind-hearted than a couple of other REs we had seen. We appreciated his openness and kind bedside manner. Follow up was timely and informative as well, and with all the stress of IVF treatment, his treatment and his staff made it more than bearable. They were truly rooting for us, and were very excited with us when our first try was a success.

|  Amazing experience  |  show details
by Amber W on Apr 21st, 2014

We had a wonderful experience w Dr Diaz and his amazing staff. I would and have recommended Dr Diaz to others and will continue to do so. From his bedside manner, time he spent with my husband and I, and the instant feeling of ease when I spoke with him for the first time, it couldn't have been better. Thank you to all who have made our dreams come true!

|  Our Fertility Experience  |  show details
by Kelsey C on Jan 8th, 2014

Dr. David Diaz and all of his staff are so pleasant and caring. Everyone makes you feel like family. They made our experience one we will never forget! They are all so knowledgeable and explain everything to you; information was simply put, and they never overwhelmed us. Dr. Diaz truly cares about you and is always so positive. They give you all of the details as you go, so you never get stressed or confused. All of his nurses and staff make you feel at ease and are so accommodating. The West Coast Fertility office is very nice and comforting too, and every part of the process can be done there. He got us pregnant on our first round of IVF. For this, we will forever be grateful! We would recommend him to anyone.

|  Oocyte Cryopreservation Patient  |  show details
by Anonymous on Dec 12th, 2013

I had an overall exceptional experience with my Oocyte Cyopreservation with Dr. Diaz and his staff. They were professional and helpful throughout the entire process. I highly recommend them.

by M. Mendoza on Oct 1st, 2013

I'm very thankful with Dr. Diaz and medical staff, because they always treat you not as a patient as family. Thanks to them I became a mom after 11 years of marriage. I definitely recommend West Coast Fertility Centers

|  Outstanding Fertility Doctor. Sets the standard in the field!  |  show details
by Dave and Erin D on Mar 22nd, 2013

The short of it is Dr Diaz and his staff are awesome and we are currently at the end of our first trimester. My wife and I have been trying to get pregnant for over three years. We didn't know what was causing our issues and we began to grow more concerned as time passed. We started with our regular insurance and found they only cover AI. This was fine and after some very basic blood tests, we tried it three times. Not having any knowledge about the scope of these things, we pressed on. We did a little research online and found another doctor in Irvine. We showed up for an informative session and sat down in a large room with many other people in the same situation. The place looked like it was well funded as everything was updated, etc. This led us to a false sense of security. We looked through several options and packages. We committed to an IVF package. We would meet with the doctor, he would look at our file and tell us what to do in about a minute. He seemed busy and disconnected with the specifics of our case. Procedures were painful as no pain management were considered. After several failed attempts we had lost hope. I did some more research and found Dr Diaz. He was closer, reviews were great and we figured would would give it one more chance. His website explained everything and we were well informed based on that alone. We met with Dr Diaz and were very impressed on many levels. There were no issues getting appointments. All time we spent with him and his staff was dedicated to us for as long as we had questions. They were responsive to phone calls and emails. It wasn't a "factory" type environment like the other. During the first few visits, Dr Diaz asked about what we had done so far. He asked alot of questions and I quickly got the impression he was experienced and knew what he was talking about. The more questions he asked, the more I realized the other doctors never considered certain factors. Dr Diaz took his time ruling things out and progressing to the next level. While having patience as the biological clock it ticking it touch but Dr Diaz was confident and that made us confident. We met with him early 2012 and started working towards IVF. We ultimately did a egg transfer in January and found out we were pregnant a few weeks later. We did weekly blood tests and ultrasounds to make sure things were progressing. We used medications that none of the other doctors used and Dr Diaz explained what each on did, helping us to understand the big picture. We are now entering our 12th week which is a huge milestone. We are cautiously optimistic based on our ages but the baby is progressing so we get more and more excited each day. I wish I would have started with Dr Diaz the first time as every penny was worth it. I am so glad we found him and these review websites were critical in our decision. Good luck to everyone out there in the same or similar positions. It cant hurt to meet with him and you can see for yourself. He makes no guarantees or promises but has plenty of statistics and experience to show he is well trained, has seen just about everything, and works with you to reach your goals. Thanks for everything Dr Diaz, Antoine, Cristina, Michael, Maria, all the receptionists and nurses who helped along the way. Dave and Erin

|  The Best!  |  show details
by Theresa K. on Mar 22nd, 2013

My husband and I have always dreamed of having a big family. We feel very lucky to have worked with Dr. Diaz and his amazing staff. Dr. Diaz is extremely professional, knowledgeable and has a wonderful bedside manner. His staff is caring, kind, and hardworking. We are pregnant with our third child with the help of Dr. Diaz. One through IVF and two with using our own frozen eggs. All three cycles were successful on the first try. We are thrilled!! Dr. Diaz and his amazing scientific team are on the leading edge. After our experience, we wouldn't choose anyone else. Thank you Dr. Diaz for being a part of making our dreams come true (more than once!!!!)

by Rachel and Sean on Mar 16th, 2013

I am currently 15 weeks pregnant from our first attempt with IVF. We cannot thank Dr. Diaz and his staff enough for making this dream come true. Dr Diaz and staff were always caring and supportive. I had some pretty tough days that were made so much better by Beth who was always so caring with a great sense of humor.

by Lida N on Mar 16th, 2013

I just don't know how to thank Dr. Diaz for his excellent job and making our dream of having a healthy baby come true.

|  great service  |  show details
by Ismene R. on Mar 8th, 2013

Dr. Diaz staff has been awesome during my whole process,Maria and Beth were the most caring persons I met. Dr. Diaz made me feel really comfortable and explained to me about all my treatment options.

|  The Best!  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2012

The scientific excellence of Dr. Diaz and staff is the best. They are the most caring staff and go through the journey with you. I have recommended to many family and friends.

Nov 9th, 2012

My wife and I had an excellent experience with WCF. Dr. Diaz and his staff are very professional and easy to work with. Our procedure was a success, and we delivered boy/girl twins in May. We were glad to use Dr. Diaz through what can be a difficult process, but we are totally satisfied with the outcome.

Doctor's Response

Seeing you all together as a family was a real delight. Your twins are beautiful and must be a source of constant joy to you. It is a privilege and pleasure having the opportunity to assist you. Warm regards, Dr. Diaz and the Staff.

|  Great Experience  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2012

My husband and I have been trying for a couple of years and were not able to conceive on our own. I had a miscarriage about a year before we decided to go the IVF route. My husband and I can't be more thankful for the warm welcome we received from Dr. Diaz and his staff. We had the best experience here and plan on going back with our second child. Every visit we had the staff was very attentive and made me feel so comfortable. Dr. Diaz was very thorough throughout the whole process and answered all the questions we had. I never left that office feeling nervous because they always made sure that I was comfortable throughout the whole process.All the staff was amazing but Joan in particular helped me out so much through this process. She would make me feel so at ease when I had blood drawn or when I had to start my injections. She would always put a smile on my face every time I came in for a visit. Knowing that she would always be there made me feel more at ease through the process. I'm now 7 months pregnant and can't be more thankful to Dr. Diaz and his staff!! They're family to us!

Doctor's Response

Thank you for taking time to post your review. We appreciate the encouraging words which drive us to always search for ways to improve our services. Thanksgiving time is the perfect occasion to express our appreciation to you. Kind regards, Dr. Diaz and the Staff.

|  Supportive, caring team  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2012

Dr. Diaz and his staff are very professional and truly care about their patients. Going through the infertility workup and treatment process is very difficult emotionally and somewhat physically, but they made it more than bearable. I felt very supported and loved throughout the entire time I was under their care and am happy to say I am now 5 1/2 months pregnant with twins! I highly recommend West Coast Fertility! :)

Doctor's Response

We very much appreciate your kind words. Undergoing fertility treatment is a tremendous commitment and I am so impressed by our patients' determination. We hope to meet the new arrivals in the near future. Best wishes for a safe and healthy delivery. Warmest regards. Dr. Diaz

|  Caring and Professional  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2012

I would recommend Dr. Diaz to friends and family in need of a Reproductive Endocrinologist. He and his staff are caring, professional and knowledgeable. My husband and I always felt welcome and cared for. I tried for 10 years to have a child but within a short time under Dr. Diaz care we are happy to be expecting a beautiful baby boy.

Doctor's Response

It is always a privilege and a pleasure playing even a small role in helping our patients have the baby of their dreams. Can't wait to meet the new addition to your family. Dr. Diaz

|  A doctor who cares about you first and foremost  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2012

I remember the moment that my dream of having a baby was put on hold. It was the moment that Dr. Diaz was honest with me and told me that I HAD to lose 35-40 pounds in the next 5 months before I could start the IVF process. My heart sank. I had walked into the office ready to start the process right away to have a baby. Instead I went home disappointed and sad. I pulled myself together, got online and researched the UCI Weight Management program that Dr. Diaz recommended. I signed up and attended one for their free orientation classes. There are several options that one can choose to do. I chose to do the decision free very low calorie program. Sure it was toughonly shakes to eat and the need to perform physical activity to burn at least 2000 calories a week. Plus there are the mid week phone calls to your dietician, documenting a daily log, the weekly MD visit and the hour class to learn about healthy choices and how to maintain weight loss. But the shakes didnt taste bad, I didnt feel hungry (at least after the first day), and the requirement of physical activity got me to try something new.scenic hikes around southern California to places I never new about. Structure and accountability is what I needed to lose weight and this program was a perfect fit for me. I also asked my husband to join so that we could support each other. Yes, there is a financial price to pay but it replaced the money we spent on food we bought every day and it was an investment in our health. Our health is priceless and the goal of having a baby was my big motivator. We started the program on June 1st. I went back to see Dr. Diaz on August 28th and received the ok to move forward with the IVF process. I had a normal blood pressure (BP meds had been stopped early June) and I had a weight loss of 45 pounds in about 3 months. Im thankful to Dr. Diaz for prioritizing my health and safety before beginning the IVF process. Everyone in the office is so supportive of the patients. I received so much praise for what I great job I did with the weight loss that its overwhelming because they are genuinely so happy for me. Dr. Diaz asked me if it was the same person he was looking at when I went in for my August 28th appointment. I told him No, Im a different person. Im happier without the extra weight and I have a lot more energy to enjoy life! Now Im definitely ready to have a baby!

Doctor's Response

You are an inspiration to other patients trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle despite the many temptations of tasty but not such healthy foods. Everyone needs a word of encouragement and we are so proud of your accomplishment. Your pathway to parenthood will be easier now. Congratulations. Dr. Diaz

Aug 24th, 2012

We saw Dr. Diaz in June 2012. Did IVF and now have a baby on the way. We did "3" IVF with another doctor with no out come. Sould had left when we got this feeling about him and the staff. Never had a feeling. Thats are fought. Now we have a baby and that is all we care about now!

Doctor's Response

Helping you have the baby of your dreams is our greatest reward. Your kind words are appreciated and enjoyed by all the staff. Warmest regards, Dr. Diaz

|  Successful IVF - great staff, compassionate and caring  |  show details
May 14th, 2012

We we went to Dr Diaz in August of 2011, he took his time explaining everything and what chances are and risks. I am 38 and was diagnosed with unexplained fertility. In sept we did the IVF and unfortunately it didn't work. We were devastated, at our follow up appt the staff, Nurse Joan and the Dr were so compassionate and made us feel comfortable. We had frozen 2 embryos and did a frozen embroyo transfer and we are now pregnant! The staff was genuinely happy for us and have always been amazing to us! Dr Diaz and Joan have amazing bedside manner and have never been rude or rough. The other nurses have been just as amazing, even the billing dept has been supportive. I would highly recommend Dr Diaz and staff to anyone who wants a compassionate, comfortable experience. We have never waited more than ten minutes for our apps.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words. Undoubtedly, your review will inspire others. Dr. Diaz

May 30th, 2011

Dr. Diaz told me that without an egg donor, I would NEVER HAVE A CHILD, 8 months later, I got pregnant on my own NATURALLY. He has a God complex, thinks he's above his patient, talk about "BEING IN IT FOR THE MONEY". When I e-mailed the office, letting them know I was pregnant did I get a response? - No I did not. What was that "without an egg donor you will never......." all about - perhaps trying to milk more money out of us, preying on our emotions. SHAME ON YOU DR. DIAZ. SHAME ON YOU! You should be ashamed of yourself and the kind of person you are!

Doctor's Response

Congratulations! The treatment of infertility is very humbling because although there are many wonderful treatments, there is so much we still do not know about how a new life begins. I wish all our patients could have the child of their dreams. Dr. Diaz

|  IVF patient  |  show details
Jan 10th, 2011

Great staff.

Thank you. We will try harder to get "4 stars." Dr. Diaz

|  I will not recomeded  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2010

I did few ivf &iui in his office,I got more acces to mid level medical care by seeing his RN ,even though I paied premuim money hoping to see a dr. not anurse!I also got abladder infection afer my procedure just because of poor hyogein practice in his office

Doctor's Response

Sorry to learn about this. Our Patients Bill of Rights is prominently posted in all our office exam rooms. With the new technology, I am always available to communicate with our patients because they have access to my personal e-mail and can reach me with any request they may have. All medical procedures and treatments carry some possible complications. We do our best to minimize complications but they can not be eliminated completely. You are welcome to contact me at your convenience.

|  Dr. Diaz and his staff are wonderful!  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2010

Dr. Diaz and his staff are very caring and efficient. Dr. Diaz took time with me to go over all my options and helped me to make a plan to become pregnant. I had two wonderful children with the help of Dr. Diaz and if I was going to have another child, I would choose him again. The staff was kind and thoughtful and really cared for me and showed empathy when sharing my infertility issues. It was a great experience and he is a wonderful and ethical doctor.

Doctor's Response

The greatest compliment we can receive is the time you took to put your feelings into words. It takes a special person to be so kind and generous. Our most sincere thanks and appreciation. Dr. Diaz

|  Get A 2nd Opinion Before You Lose Hope  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2010

My husband and I met with Dr Diaz December 2009. We were his last appointment of the day. He sat with us for literally 2 1/2 hours to tell us that I had Premature Ovarian Failure (POF) and experiencing "early menopause" at 31 years of age. He proceeded to "shoot down" any opportunity for hope (IVF, donor egg, etc.).I later found out his staff did not follow protocol, which is to take a urine sample for pregnancy regardless of what they "believe" to have 'diagnosed'.My husband and I were, needless to say, absolutely devastated! This horrible news was given to us right before the holidays and we had to function as though everything was fine.On January 13, 2010, (1 month after our appointment with Dr. Diaz), I find out I AM PREGNANT! (I took 4 at home pregnancy tests because I could bot believe what I was seeing & then called my regular doctor who then ordered a blood test), Once confirmed, I come to find I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was already a little over a month pregnant when I visited with Dr. Diaz, in which they did a vaginal ultrasound, and the nurse practicioner made a comment about me not emptying my bladder all the way because of the black blob in the ultrasound...that wasn't my bladder by the way...that was the gestational sack! Our baby girl's expected arrival is less than 6 weeks away. When I called Dr. Diaz to inform him of their mistake/misdiagnosis, I got his voicemail. He left a message saying, "IF this is a healthy pregnancy and IF it goes to term, than this truly is a miracle". Why would you say something so hostile? No apology or admission that he and his staff did NOT follow protocol. I would recommend that you get a 2nd opinion no matter how knowledgable he seems to be and the awards he's recieved. I wish I would have recieved a 2nd opinion before the holiday's had approached. It would have made our holidays with our family so much more joyous!Needless to say, we are so excited to meet our little girl next month!

Doctor's Response

Congratulations. We hope you new baby will enrich your lives to the fullest. Dr. Diaz

|  2 Failed IVF - Waiting room time 45 minutes minimum  |  show details
by Cindy Smith on Mar 22nd, 2010

We tried 2 failed IVF with him. We didn't want to go to another doctor because we already paid him and didn't want additional test or exams associated with another IVF doctor. Dr. Diaz is nice however he tends to change his mind and change his diagnosis a lot. This should have raised a red flag. The staff is terrible. The staff has no sympathy nor compassion to the patients. All they want is MONEY. As soon as you walk in, they ask how will you paying today. Hmmm. There is a nice way to ask for payment however the staff is not nice. The RN is also mean and hurt me several times. They kick my 2 year old niece out of the office because they don't allow kids in the front office. Excuse me but they are in the business of making babies yet they don't allow children in the front office. My uncle had to take my niece out of the office and wait. My niece was just sitting on a chair and not making any noise. Unbelievable! They treat their patients as if the patients are in an assembly line. First patients goes in, then next patient, then next, etc... No bedside manner or professionalism.

Doctor's Response

Despite our best efforts, medicine is not an exact science and reproductive endocrinology is among the most challenging of all specialties. There are many factors involved in infertility which are physical but also emotional and frustration often runs high. We make our best efforts to find the cause of infertility but at time the exact cause eludes us. Of course children are a blessing but for patients struggling with years of infertility, it is very distressing to those who have not been so blessed. We try to accommodate everyone's feelings but by its very name, Infertility means the "inability to conceive after one year." We try to respect the value of people's time by efficiently performing their monitoring or testing. Other patients have informed us that we spend too much time with them since they are anxious to resume their daily activities. We try our very best but sometimes it is not good enough. Perhaps It would be best to communicate your specific needs to us. We will give it our best. Dr. Diaz

|  Great experience.  |  show details
by Good Experience with West Coast Fertility on Mar 1st, 2010

Someone asked me recently about fertility doctors, and I mentioned I had a great experience with Dr. Diaz. Three years ago I worked with Diaz to do an egg-freezing. He was very informative, took time with me... and, they did a great job monitoring my medicine intake. I had flubbed the last dose before the procedure--they caught that! And, then rescheduled me for the next day. I was impressed with that level of thoroughness. Also, during my month on drugs, I apparently needed more than was thought (which is not atypical), and instead of paying for more very pricey drugs, they were able to locate more for me. That saved me several grand that I would have had to borrow. Overall, a great experience. I am thankful I did this.

Doctor's Response

Please accept our thanks for taking the time to post your review. The treatments we offer are often complex and I am impressed how our patients can absorb so much information and comply with so many instructions. I will share your kind words with our staff. Best regards. Dr. Diaz

|  AVOID  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2008

I was put under anesthesia without him even in the office. Prior to going under I asked if he was coming in to do the procedure and was led to believe that he was in the building by the statement, "He is on his way in." When I awoke he was still not in the office and I overheard the staff saying that they had not heard from him & did not know when he would be arriving. They thought I was still under the anethesia.

Doctor's Response

Sorry you felt this way. Anesthesia is never given until the surgeon is on the premises. Dr. Diaz