Reproductive Endocrinologist, Obstetrician & Gynecologist
Video profile

Jul 30th, 2015

This doctor was not open to discussion any options. He told me my ONLY chance at a child would be to use donor eggs. He was not even open to discussing my other options even if their probability of success was small. I left the office in hysterical tears (which no one seemed to care about). Thank God I dug up a little hope and saw another doctor in another city. I now have a happy healthy baby from my own egg!!!

May 29th, 2015

After years of trying, Dr. Diaz helped us realize our dream of having a baby and my husband and I are very thankful to him. He's really good with his patients, attentive, helps you feel relax and explains thoroughly any questions you ask. Overall, we had a good experience with him and his staff.

Would Recommend show details Would Recommend
Feb 28th, 2015

After a failed IFV cycle with another Dr and being totally devastated, I reached out to Dr. Diaz after seeing his Second Opinion offer on his website. I figured I had nothing to lose. My fertility journey was not an easy one, but the entire staff at West Coast Fertility helped me through it. I had several unsuccessful IVF cycles and had pretty much decided to give up. Dr. Diaz was able to give me referrals to both a counselor and the Fertility Fitness program. I needed to get myself together and figure out what my next steps were going to be. I took a short break from treatments while meeting with both the counselor and Elaine Wang of the Fertility Fitness program. I worked on reducing stress, eating habits and my general well being. My entire journey took nearly 2 years. I didn't even realize that I had so much to work on to get to where I am today. After several failed IVF cycles and really working on myself, I had finally gotten much more grounded and centered. I was much more at peace with myself, career and life in general after working with the Fertility Fitness program and counselor that Dr. Diaz introduced me to. The entire staff at West Coast Fertility could see the positive change in me. I decided to give it one more LAST try. If that didn't work, I was mentally ready to move forward and accept life without ever becoming a mother. I can happily say that the LAST try was a miracle and success. I am 25 weeks pregnant and all testing on the baby has been completed. I am on my way to having a healthy baby boy and becoming a mother. I could not have done this without the assistance of the entire West Coast Fertility team. Everyone put up with my ups and downs. They were so understanding and caring throughout my journey. The next steps were always explained very clearly. Dr. Diaz would alter the protocol after each failed cycle to increase my chances. All my questions were always answered, and someone was always available if I had any questions even late at night or over the weekend whether it was through email or the phone. I had been to two other Fertilty Dr.s before, but I found the staff at West Coast Fertilty to be the most caring. It felt much more like part of my family than just a Dr.s office. Overall, it just took a lot of patience, but in the end everything has turned out the way it was suppose to. Thank you West Coast Fertility for getting me to where I am today. I look forward to the day when I can come visit all of you with my little guy.

Dec 15th, 2014

We are so grateful to have found Dr. Diaz and his team. From day one, we felt welcomed and treated like family. Dr. Diaz is very kind and patient. He explains everything and answers any questions. You can tell that Dr. Diaz and his staff thoroughly enjoy what they do and treat patients with compassion. They feel your pain and struggle throughout the process and also the tremendous joy when the moment comes to say “you’re pregnant!” No words can describe how incredibly thankful we are that we had Dr. Diaz and his team to help us start our family!

Kind, Informative, Personable, show details Kind, Informative, Personable,
Oct 25th, 2014

Dr. Diaz was much more approachable and kind-hearted than a couple of other REs we had seen. We appreciated his openness and kind bedside manner. Follow up was timely and informative as well, and with all the stress of IVF treatment, his treatment and his staff made it more than bearable. They were truly rooting for us, and were very excited with us when our first try was a success.

Amazing experience show details Amazing experience
by Amber W on Apr 21st, 2014

We had a wonderful experience w Dr Diaz and his amazing staff. I would and have recommended Dr Diaz to others and will continue to do so. From his bedside manner, time he spent with my husband and I, and the instant feeling of ease when I spoke with him for the first time, it couldn't have been better. Thank you to all who have made our dreams come true!

Our Fertility Experience show details Our Fertility Experience
by Kelsey C on Jan 8th, 2014

Dr. David Diaz and all of his staff are so pleasant and caring. Everyone makes you feel like family. They made our experience one we will never forget! They are all so knowledgeable and explain everything to you; information was simply put, and they never overwhelmed us. Dr. Diaz truly cares about you and is always so positive. They give you all of the details as you go, so you never get stressed or confused. All of his nurses and staff make you feel at ease and are so accommodating. The West Coast Fertility office is very nice and comforting too, and every part of the process can be done there. He got us pregnant on our first round of IVF. For this, we will forever be grateful! We would recommend him to anyone.

Oocyte Cryopreservation Patient show details Oocyte Cryopreservation Patient
by Anonymous on Dec 12th, 2013

I had an overall exceptional experience with my Oocyte Cyopreservation with Dr. Diaz and his staff. They were professional and helpful throughout the entire process. I highly recommend them.

by M. Mendoza on Oct 1st, 2013

I'm very thankful with Dr. Diaz and medical staff, because they always treat you not as a patient as family. Thanks to them I became a mom after 11 years of marriage. I definitely recommend West Coast Fertility Centers

The Best! show details The Best!
by Theresa K. on Mar 22nd, 2013

My husband and I have always dreamed of having a big family. We feel very lucky to have worked with Dr. Diaz and his amazing staff. Dr. Diaz is extremely professional, knowledgeable and has a wonderful bedside manner. His staff is caring, kind, and hardworking. We are pregnant with our third child with the help of Dr. Diaz. One through IVF and two with using our own frozen eggs. All three cycles were successful on the first try. We are thrilled!! Dr. Diaz and his amazing scientific team are on the leading edge. After our experience, we wouldn't choose anyone else. Thank you Dr. Diaz for being a part of making our dreams come true (more than once!!!!)

by Rachel and Sean on Mar 16th, 2013

I am currently 15 weeks pregnant from our first attempt with IVF. We cannot thank Dr. Diaz and his staff enough for making this dream come true. Dr Diaz and staff were always caring and supportive. I had some pretty tough days that were made so much better by Beth who was always so caring with a great sense of humor.

by Lida N on Mar 16th, 2013

I just don't know how to thank Dr. Diaz for his excellent job and making our dream of having a healthy baby come true.

great service show details great service
by Ismene R. on Mar 8th, 2013

Dr. Diaz staff has been awesome during my whole process,Maria and Beth were the most caring persons I met. Dr. Diaz made me feel really comfortable and explained to me about all my treatment options.

The Best! show details The Best!
Nov 30th, 2012

The scientific excellence of Dr. Diaz and staff is the best. They are the most caring staff and go through the journey with you. I have recommended to many family and friends.

Nov 9th, 2012

My wife and I had an excellent experience with WCF. Dr. Diaz and his staff are very professional and easy to work with. Our procedure was a success, and we delivered boy/girl twins in May. We were glad to use Dr. Diaz through what can be a difficult process, but we are totally satisfied with the outcome.

Doctor's Response

Seeing you all together as a family was a real delight. Your twins are beautiful and must be a source of constant joy to you. It is a privilege and pleasure having the opportunity to assist you. Warm regards, Dr. Diaz and the Staff.

Great Experience show details Great Experience
Nov 2nd, 2012

My husband and I have been trying for a couple of years and were not able to conceive on our own. I had a miscarriage about a year before we decided to go the IVF route. My husband and I can't be more thankful for the warm welcome we received from Dr. Diaz and his staff. We had the best experience here and plan on going back with our second child. Every visit we had the staff was very attentive and made me feel so comfortable. Dr. Diaz was very thorough throughout the whole process and answered all the questions we had. I never left that office feeling nervous because they always made sure that I was comfortable throughout the whole process.All the staff was amazing but Joan in particular helped me out so much through this process. She would make me feel so at ease when I had blood drawn or when I had to start my injections. She would always put a smile on my face every time I came in for a visit. Knowing that she would always be there made me feel more at ease through the process. I'm now 7 months pregnant and can't be more thankful to Dr. Diaz and his staff!! They're family to us!

Doctor's Response

Thank you for taking time to post your review. We appreciate the encouraging words which drive us to always search for ways to improve our services. Thanksgiving time is the perfect occasion to express our appreciation to you. Kind regards, Dr. Diaz and the Staff.

Supportive, caring team show details Supportive, caring team
Oct 8th, 2012

Dr. Diaz and his staff are very professional and truly care about their patients. Going through the infertility workup and treatment process is very difficult emotionally and somewhat physically, but they made it more than bearable. I felt very supported and loved throughout the entire time I was under their care and am happy to say I am now 5 1/2 months pregnant with twins! I highly recommend West Coast Fertility! :)

Doctor's Response

We very much appreciate your kind words. Undergoing fertility treatment is a tremendous commitment and I am so impressed by our patients' determination. We hope to meet the new arrivals in the near future. Best wishes for a safe and healthy delivery. Warmest regards. Dr. Diaz

Caring and Professional show details Caring and Professional
Oct 2nd, 2012

I would recommend Dr. Diaz to friends and family in need of a Reproductive Endocrinologist. He and his staff are caring, professional and knowledgeable. My husband and I always felt welcome and cared for. I tried for 10 years to have a child but within a short time under Dr. Diaz care we are happy to be expecting a beautiful baby boy.

Doctor's Response

It is always a privilege and a pleasure playing even a small role in helping our patients have the baby of their dreams. Can't wait to meet the new addition to your family. Dr. Diaz

IVF patient show details IVF patient
Jan 10th, 2011

Great staff.

Thank you. We will try harder to get "4 stars." Dr. Diaz

I will not recomeded show details I will not recomeded
Oct 26th, 2010

I did few ivf &iui in his office,I got more acces to mid level medical care by seeing his RN ,even though I paied premuim money hoping to see a dr. not anurse!I also got abladder infection afer my procedure just because of poor hyogein practice in his office

Doctor's Response

Sorry to learn about this. Our Patients Bill of Rights is prominently posted in all our office exam rooms. With the new technology, I am always available to communicate with our patients because they have access to my personal e-mail and can reach me with any request they may have. All medical procedures and treatments carry some possible complications. We do our best to minimize complications but they can not be eliminated completely. You are welcome to contact me at your convenience.

Dr. Diaz and his staff are wonderful! show details Dr. Diaz and his staff are wonderful!
Oct 22nd, 2010

Dr. Diaz and his staff are very caring and efficient. Dr. Diaz took time with me to go over all my options and helped me to make a plan to become pregnant. I had two wonderful children with the help of Dr. Diaz and if I was going to have another child, I would choose him again. The staff was kind and thoughtful and really cared for me and showed empathy when sharing my infertility issues. It was a great experience and he is a wonderful and ethical doctor.

Doctor's Response

The greatest compliment we can receive is the time you took to put your feelings into words. It takes a special person to be so kind and generous. Our most sincere thanks and appreciation. Dr. Diaz

2 Failed IVF - Waiting room time 45 minutes minimum show details 2 Failed IVF - Waiting room time 45 minutes minimum
by Cindy Smith on Mar 22nd, 2010

We tried 2 failed IVF with him. We didn't want to go to another doctor because we already paid him and didn't want additional test or exams associated with another IVF doctor. Dr. Diaz is nice however he tends to change his mind and change his diagnosis a lot. This should have raised a red flag. The staff is terrible. The staff has no sympathy nor compassion to the patients. All they want is MONEY. As soon as you walk in, they ask how will you paying today. Hmmm. There is a nice way to ask for payment however the staff is not nice. The RN is also mean and hurt me several times. They kick my 2 year old niece out of the office because they don't allow kids in the front office. Excuse me but they are in the business of making babies yet they don't allow children in the front office. My uncle had to take my niece out of the office and wait. My niece was just sitting on a chair and not making any noise. Unbelievable! They treat their patients as if the patients are in an assembly line. First patients goes in, then next patient, then next, etc... No bedside manner or professionalism.

Doctor's Response

Despite our best efforts, medicine is not an exact science and reproductive endocrinology is among the most challenging of all specialties. There are many factors involved in infertility which are physical but also emotional and frustration often runs high. We make our best efforts to find the cause of infertility but at time the exact cause eludes us. Of course children are a blessing but for patients struggling with years of infertility, it is very distressing to those who have not been so blessed. We try to accommodate everyone's feelings but by its very name, Infertility means the "inability to conceive after one year." We try to respect the value of people's time by efficiently performing their monitoring or testing. Other patients have informed us that we spend too much time with them since they are anxious to resume their daily activities. We try our very best but sometimes it is not good enough. Perhaps It would be best to communicate your specific needs to us. We will give it our best. Dr. Diaz

Great experience. show details Great experience.
by Good Experience with West Coast Fertility on Mar 1st, 2010

Someone asked me recently about fertility doctors, and I mentioned I had a great experience with Dr. Diaz. Three years ago I worked with Diaz to do an egg-freezing. He was very informative, took time with me... and, they did a great job monitoring my medicine intake. I had flubbed the last dose before the procedure--they caught that! And, then rescheduled me for the next day. I was impressed with that level of thoroughness. Also, during my month on drugs, I apparently needed more than was thought (which is not atypical), and instead of paying for more very pricey drugs, they were able to locate more for me. That saved me several grand that I would have had to borrow. Overall, a great experience. I am thankful I did this.

Doctor's Response

Please accept our thanks for taking the time to post your review. The treatments we offer are often complex and I am impressed how our patients can absorb so much information and comply with so many instructions. I will share your kind words with our staff. Best regards. Dr. Diaz

AVOID show details AVOID
Oct 2nd, 2008

I was put under anesthesia without him even in the office. Prior to going under I asked if he was coming in to do the procedure and was led to believe that he was in the building by the statement, "He is on his way in." When I awoke he was still not in the office and I overheard the staff saying that they had not heard from him & did not know when he would be arriving. They thought I was still under the anethesia.

Doctor's Response

Sorry you felt this way. Anesthesia is never given until the surgeon is on the premises. Dr. Diaz