inactive

David G Guth DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.6

May 20th, 2016
Should not be allowed to practice psychiatry.

January 7th, 2015
Misdiagnosis
Misdiagnosis

October 6th, 2013
Find a different psychiatrist!
Dr Guth is arrogant and rude. He lacks respect for his fellow human being.

December 19th, 2011
Best Care
I have nothing but good praise for Dr Guth. I was concerned about some of the commitments written on this sight before I saw him. He was kind and willing to take the time with my son. I have had my son to numerous hospitals and several psychiatrists. He sees a very difficult population of patients including my son. My son has a long history of self harm and being violent with other people including myself. He provided safe and appropriate medication for my son to keep him safe as well as others around him. Sometimes this included giving him medications that would make him tired. At times my son did not want to except the treatment plan prescriped. My son has a severe mental illness that does not give him very good judgement.

August 16th, 2011
Epitome of 'quack'
Don't let your loved ones near this man. He shouldn't be allowed to be involved in any sort of human care let alone that of a vulnerable population. This man left my husband in an incoherent state for 3 days, over drugged, to the extent that he didn't realize more than a day had passed. He refused to return my calls or meet with me after my husband was coherent enough to request to speak with me & sign a release of information form. He then proceeded to accuse me of 'being high' in his official discharge papers for my husband; he had never, and hasn't to this day, met me or returned a single phone call. This man doesn't deserve to practice medicine. I'm highly concerned that my husband suffered an adverse reaction to medication administered under Dr. Guth's care, and Dr. Guth & his staff refused to return calls in regards to this concern. It's taken 2 weeks to obtain copies of my husband's records so that we can begin to see the laundry list of drugs administered while under Dr. Guth's care. Please, keep your loved ones away from this man, especially if they're in a vulnerable state.

July 23rd, 2011
Incompetent and unprofessional
I was assigned to Dr Guth as my hospital inpatient doctor in 2007 upon being admitted for a mental health crisis related to PTSD. His assessment took only a few minutes. In his intake notes he stated that childhood sexual abuse could not lead to PTSD. In addition, instead of looking at 15 years of my medical records at the University of Minnesota Medical Center where I have received services in audiology, speech therapy, as well as 1 1/2 years of continuous assessment and treatment in outpatient rehabilitation for my profound deafness and complete loss of vestibular function, he determined that I was in fact neither deaf nor did I actually have a balance problem. Instead I was given the diagnosis of a factitious disorder. Sadly, after the patient relations department "investigated" my claims, they determined that Dr Guth had stated none of the above. When I handed the patient relations employee my notes, she apologized for the mix-up and that she would personally check into the matter again. I have never heard anything from them again and avoid the University of Medical Center as a whole whenever possible, despite teaching at the University.

June 29th, 2010
The worst Dr. I've ever seen
I was admitted as an inpatient to Fairview Adult Mental Health for depression. Dr. Guth spent all of five minutes with me, was totally condescending, not at all compassionate to my situation, and a complete jerk. All of the other patients on the unit hated him as well. When I asked to speak to him, he would refuse to make any time for me. He discharged me without so much as a brief final assessment, and even though I begged him not to send me home, telling him that I did not feel sane enough yet and would not be safe, he shut the door in my face. I went straight to my car and attempted suicide after his treatment of me in the facility. He acts like a white-coated God and should be stripped of his medical license. I left a facility where I was supposed to be received top notch care for a mental illness crisis feeling worse than when I came because of his interactions with me. I have lost a ton of trust for psychiatrists in general after my experience with this man. Even the nursing staff advised me to switch Dr's and said his conduct was uncalled for. It was a living nightmare. I would rather be home and battle my demons without help, than submit to "care" from this quack Dr.