Dr. David Wagner Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Wagner?

October 2nd, 2017

Excellent care

I was referred to Dr. Wagner for a freckle in my retina. Dr. Wagner took a photograph of the freckle and reassured me that my likelyhood of developing a cancer in my eye was the same as my likelyhood of winning the state lottery. I am very reassured by his thorough care. I know that if my eye develops a tumor that he will notice it and work to save my eyesight and my life. I am no longer panicking that I may lose my eyesight.

August 4th, 2016

Outstanding retinal specialist

An outstanding eye doctor. Extremely competent, at the forefront of his field, and also very kind.

July 8th, 2016

Pleasantly surprised

I can't say enough good things about this doctor. He took to time to listen to my concerns and addressed them all. I am very confident in his examination skills and in the imaging tests he did for my eyes. I look forward to going back to see him again next year to keep my eyesight sharp.

April 7th, 2016

Happy with surgery for macula scar

I called this doctor because of the high ratings on Vitals. I was skeptical that any doctor would spend enough time with me to answer my questions and do a careful examination. Dr. Wagner, personally greeted me in the waiting room and brought me in for his examination. I needed drops for him to complete his exam. I was brought back in and he took some pictures with a new kind of camera and showed me my macula problem. I saw this scar tissue that was swelling my retina and making things blurred. I wanted to know if it could get worse if I left it alone. He explained that it was likely to stay the same without surgery. I wasn't happy with my vision so after thinking it over I had surgery with him at Georgetown Hospital. The surgery was painless and less than one hour. I now can see much better and he told me it will continue to improve over the next year. I'm so glad I had the surgery.

April 7th, 2016

Best doctor, bar none

Dr. Wagner took the time to explain to me every aspect of my eye problems. I've never had a clearer explanation even though I had already seen 4 other eye doctors. I wish other doctors were have as helpful and thorough as Dr. Wagner. I finally understand my disease and whole heartedly recommend him to everyone.

March 6th, 2016

Good eye doctor

I suddenly lost vision in my left eye with clouds and dark swirls blocking my vision. I saw Dr. Wagner who told me I had a vitreous hemorrhage, but there was also a retinal tear. He treated the retinal tear with a bright green flashing light he called a laser. There was a bit of discomfort from the brightness, but the treatment took only 5 minutes. The dark clouds lasted as he said they would about two weeks but then they cleared up and my vision is fine again. I am glad I went to see him. I was lucky that I went quickly. He told me if I had waited I would have had a retinal detachment and could have lost my vision permanently.

September 1st, 2015

excellent care

I am lucky I was referred to Dr. Wagner for my eye condition. He found a small retinal tear and repaired it right in the office with a bright green laser light. I still can see perfectly and I appreciate his good work.

May 29th, 2015

Best doctor I ever went to

I had the fortune of knowing many good doctors. However, Dr. Wagner is definitely the best doctor to ever treat me. My daughter was a staff member at Georgetown University Hospital years ago, and she recommended him after I started having trouble with my vision. Little did I know, that I would have the best healthcare experience in my life. He showed tremendous sympathy and compassion that were unparalleled. He was able to diagnose my condition very, very quickly, and very accurately. One of my sons and one of my daughters often accompanied me to my appointments with him. All of my children healthcare professionals or work in the health field, and they also share my views on him. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs treatment for their eyes and vision. Dr. Wagner is a wonderful doctor and a wonderful human being.

January 29th, 2015

Great experience - good vision again.

I was very fortunate to be referred to Dr. David Wagner by my primary care physician. He is an extraordinary physician and a very capable surgeon. I had mentioned to my primary doctor that I was having distortion and blurring in the vision in my left eye. He thought it might be macular degeneration and that I needed to see a retina specialist. To my relief, it was not macular degeneration. It was instead a macular pucker. This is something that can be cured with surgery and mine was by Dr. Wagner. I can see again clearly and the distortion has lessened considerably and seems to be fading away steadily. The surgery took place at Georgetown Hospital and all of the staff were friendly and helpful. Dr. Wagner has been running the retina service there for over 20 years and everyone there speaks highly of him (much to my relief as he was going to operate on my eye!). The surgery was completely painless and I had a patch on my eye overnight. I needed to put eye drops in my eye after the surgery but that was all. I went back to work after only four days. If you need a retina specialist I recommend Dr. Wagner to you.

January 28th, 2015

Dr. David Wagner

Dr. Wagner is a remarkably caring and responsible physician, as well as brilliant. Countless times he came into his office on a weekend when I had an emergency, once sitting for hours on a Sunday waiting to lance a bleeding. Capillary. No other doctor in my long life was so caring and generous - and brilliant. I am glad so many have had the same experience.

February 15th, 2014

Excellent doctor

I am so glad that I was referred to Dr. Wagner. I was losing my vision and I was frantic. My co-worker is a patient of Dr. Wagner's and she swears by him. She says he saved her eyesight when no one (not even the doctors at Johns Hopkins) could help her. My problem was not so severe. Dr. Wagner helped me with a simple laser procedure and now I can see clearly again. I highly recommend this doctor to you if you need an excellent retina specialist.

February 13th, 2014

superb retina specialist

I am very glad that I was sent to Dr. Wagner by my primary doctor. I had a retinal detachment with an unsuccessful treatment by a different retina specialist. When my vision was not recovering and I kept having further laser treatment - I sought a second opinion. I am very glad that I did. Dr. Wagner is very thorough and after an examination he told me that I had developed scar tissue in my eye (he called it PVR). He told me that further laser and gas bubbles alone would not re-attach my retina. I needed a surgery in the hospital. The surgery went well and now I am able to see again. I am very lucky and very glad that I was sent to Dr. Wagner. He is a kind and friendly doctor, but for me the important part is that his surgery was successful after my other doctor could not fix my retina.