Pediatrician

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Would not recommend  |  show details
Oct 16th, 2013

As a new mom, everything is new. Dr. galles lacks compassion, personality and understanding. He always seems in a hurry and doesn't have time to answer questions. He is very re-active when you ask him to clarify his statement or better understand the diagnosis given. He doesn't explain the diagnosis or the cause of the issues. I don't feel comfortable asking him questions without him acting as though you are incompetent. He doesn't seem passionate about what he is doing, it's just a job and he is going through the motions. We spent a lot of time in the hospital meeting several pediatricians who take the time to explain, reassure and make the experience pleasant. Next time will try another doctor in the same practice.

|  Great Doctor, Great Little Clinic  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2011

I chose Dr. Galles to be my son's pediatrician after I observed his performance and dedication as my nephews pediatrician, who was diagnosed with leukemia in late 2006. I was very impressed by Dr. Galles ability to connect the dots when it came to diagnosing symptoms and his congenial attitude that puts the patient at ease. Hes consistently demonstrated these qualities as my sons doctor, whom hes been seeing since birth. The NW Childrens Clinic has a bright and cheery atmosphere with a matching staff. Ive never met a staff member at their clinic that didnt seem to like their job. In fact, Id say they all love their jobs and are very motivated to provide the best medical care possible. They even worked out payment plans with our family while we were uninsured for a while, allowing us to continue regular check-ups and the like. My only criticism is that, while Dr. Galles himself is always on the ball, other doctors and nurses weve seen have given us what turns out to bad advice or wrong diagnoses. I understand to error is to be human but our experiences with other staff members (as nice as they are), has resulted in a We-only-go-when-Dr.Galles-is-available- policy for sick visits. Regular check-ups, immunizations, etc. we can see anybody and feel great about it but nearly every time weve gone in for a sick visit, unless it was Dr.Galles, weve left feeling more confused and distraught over symptoms, for lack of information, comfort, answers, etc. When our son was experiencing various symptoms of an infection, the Doctor/Nurse we saw would isolate and address one specific symptom per visit, never looking at all of them together. It felt like a wild goose chase trying to figure out what was wrong. It wasnt until we got in again, and this time saw Dr.Galles, that we were able to fix the problem and move on with our lives. In all fairness, I should mention that Dr.Galles and the other doctors/nurses weve met probably make up for less than a quarter of their staff. We mightve just been unlucky, catching some of them on their off-days. Overall, despite some of our poor experiences, this is a great place, great staff and were super glad we have them as our pediatrician/s.