Dr. David Garretson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Garretson?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. David Garretson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 24th, 2012

Nice guy but not a very good doctor

I've been Dr. Garretson's patient for years, found him as a preferred provider through my insurance. Loved that the waiting time in the office was usually relatively short and they could get me in as needed.When I started having issues sleeping and just feeling bad he told me I should get a sleep study done even thought I didn't feel that I really needed one. He was sort of flippant about it but I went through the time, cost, and invconvenience to find out that I have very mild apnea, which is apparently what they tell everyone if they can't find an accurate diagnosis. At the time of this appointment (Mar 2011), he drew blood for cholesterol screening, thyroid, etc and said if things were abnormal I'd hear from him.Never heard a thing, tried to watch my diet and exercise. A year later I went to a nutritionist at a friend's referral as I was still not feeling well, he had me have the Dr.'s office fax over my blood results from a year ago and all my numbers were high. I never got a call and am feeling a lot worse and a year has gone by.Thinking back I liked Dr. Garretson for his 'laid back' demeanor, but thinking of all the times I've gone, he's sort of just thrown out diagnoses with very little thought.Bottom line, I should have listened to my body's symptoms and been more in charge of my health, but as I've never had many health issues, I just assumed I was fine. Meanwhile, I am at severe risk of heart attack or stroke.I guess it's time for a new doctor.

November 3rd, 2011

dont go to him

I have seen this doctor for a year, he is not good, he doesnt care about your problems, your just another payment for him. I went to him telling him my symptoms but he doesnt listen, he yells at me, and he just walks out the door, I dont get help for my problems and recently ended up in the hospital for a symptom of something i told him about weeks prior....he is worthless and should be removed from being a doctor...

January 25th, 2015