A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Gendelman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Gendelman, Ophthalmologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Gendelman, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Gendelman graduated from Yale School of Med New Haven. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Gendelman has 5 hospital affiliations:
- HALLMARK HEALTH SYSTEM/Melrose-Wakefield Hospital
- Winchester Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gendelman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David S. Gendelman practice?
Dr. David Gendelman practices Ophthalmology near Burlington, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Wilmington, MA and Woburn, MA.
See Burlington Ophthalmologists.