A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Gershenson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Gershenson is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Gershenson
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Gershenson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Gershenson, MD is board certified in Gynecologic Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 31 areas:
- Abdominal Cavity Cancer (Peritoneal Neoplasm)
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Breast Cancer
- Endometrioid Carcinoma
- Fallopian Tube Cancer
- Female Genital Cancer
- Female Infertility
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gene Therapy
- Germ Cell Cancer (Germ Cell and Embryonal Neoplasm)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Glandular and Epithelial Cancer
- Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Multiple Primary Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Gershenson graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia. He has 16 awards.
Dr. Gershenson has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer
- St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David Marc Gershenson MD is a male Oncologist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Gynecologic Oncology.
- Where does Dr. David M. Gershenson practice?
- Dr. David Gershenson has 1 office location.
Dr. David Gershenson practices Gynecologic Oncology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Obstetricians & Gynecologists.