Dr. David Gibbs MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.9

April 13th, 2015
An Incredible Doctor
We found a golf ball sized mass on my daughter's stomach and were referred to Dr. Gibbs by our pediatrician. He had no appointment openings that week, but saw us after hours the very next day. He was very kind with my 10 year old and actually has a great sense of humor. There was no doubt that she was going to need an MRI and surgery. He told me his office would call me with an appointment time for the MRI and surgery day. He gave me his cell phone number and said to call him if I had any questions. How many doctors do you know who will do that?! Sure enough, the very next morning we were called by his office staff with a MRI appointment and a date for surgery. On the day of surgery, he spoke with us before and after her procedure. Again, telling us to call with any questions or concerns. The entire staff at CHOC Orange was truly awesome. They went out of their way to make us all feel at ease and comfortable in a time of anxiety. Dr. Gibbs even texted me to let me know that the lab results were not back yet. He truly cares about his patients and their families. I would go back to him in a heartbeat if we ever needed a surgeon.

November 12th, 2013
parent
most compassionate in caring for my 14 year old daughter. he was attentive and listened to her and was most gracious and respectful which she appreciated very much. his interaction did much to defuse the normal fear and anxiety associated with having to have surgery. in a word he was "wonderful".

February 28th, 2013
Outstanding Service
Dr. Gibbs did an outstanding job on an appendix proceducre for my son. He spent time with us and explained the procedure very clearly. My son's recovery was very fast. Great surgeon, great guy.

May 16th, 2011
excellent experience
my son had a hernia repair. dr gibbs was excellent. he gave us a lot of details re the procedure. he was very knowledgeable and seemed very experienced. he was really good with my son as well, explaining things to him so he could understand. my son loved him! the overall experience at choc was excellent as well, from the very caring staff to the (very minimal) waiting time. dr gibbs did a wonderful job. my son never complained of any pain and he has an extremely small and nicely healed scar. Overall, I would strongly recommend this dr to anyone.

March 8th, 2011
Great bedside manner
I was impressed with the amount of time he took just talking with us. He interacted great with our son and also with us. He really helped us feel at ease and that he cared. He didn't make light of a minor surgery and gave us his personal cell number if we had questions at anytime. I would recommend him again and again.

June 14th, 2010
Hernia Operation for Child
he is incredible and the best Dr. to work on a child. He has the technology like no other Dr.