A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Gitlin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Gitlin is Below Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Gitlin
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Gitlin Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Gitlin, MD is board certified in Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Psychosomatic Medicine
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Gitlin graduated from University of Massachusetts, Worcester.
Dr. Gitlin has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Faulkner Hospital
- U Mass Memorial Med Ctr - Memorial Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David F Gitlin MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 26 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine.
- Where does Dr. David F. Gitlin practice?
- Dr. David Gitlin has 3 office locations.
Dr. David Gitlin practices Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Jamaica Plain, MA and Worcester, MA.
See Boston Psychiatrists.