May 2nd, 2012

Dr Godfrey has been my and my husband's Dr for years. My experience and comment on him can be said in just a few words "He saved my life". My husband's experience was almost the same. Dr Godfrey diagnosed that he had prostrate cancer. We went to Roswell for a second opinion and was told to watch and wait that he would die of something else before he would of cancer. After a month had passed, I run into Dr Godfrey and he asked what my husband decided to do. When I told him he was uncomfortable about not doing anything. He felt he needed to have something done whether it was him or Roswell. We then decided on the robotic surgery at Roswell because of shorter recovery time. After to surgery my family was told it was pristine all went well. A PA saw us on our second follow up and to our surprise showed us that the cancer had started to go through the wall, the surgeon never told us that. If it weren't for Dr Godfrey I'm afraid my husband might not be here either. Since then my husband has had some emergency situations at the local hospital and when Dr Godfrey knew my husband was in the ER he treated him several times even though he wasn't on call. Again, a situation that needed immediate care and he was there. He has always went above and beyond. He calls us afterwards to see how my husband is doing. It's very rare or unheard of anymore to have a Dr do all he does. He is a great asset to our area.