inactive

David G Gorman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

August 15th, 2015
Awesome physician

March 5th, 2014
Do not use this Dr. for Parkinson's
Dr. Gorman reated my husband for Parkinsons and treatment went well until he started having hallucinations. This Dr. Gorman prescribed him Azelect just before he went on vacation. My husband had a major episode that included a real safety concern. I called and got a message that his partner who was filling in for him while on vacation was not confident in treating my husbands condition. It was shortly after that we fired Dr. Gorman and went to the Booth Gardner Parkinson's center where he got awesome care. It took him 6 months to recover from Dr. Gorman's bad prescription. I agree with previous commentors, he is very condensending and arrogant.

August 13th, 2013
Pompous
Gorman's got a personality disorder himself. In 1993 he published a short piece in the journal "Neurology" entitled "Brodmann's "missing" numbers." Korbinian Brodmann was a great German neurologist who died in 1918 and is mostly known for his parcellation of the human cortex into 52 areas. Shortly after, a relative of Brodman (M. Fix) wrote a published letter to the editor of Neurology that Gorman didn't know what he was talking about. Gorman's published reply to that letter was an apology and an admission that he was essentially uninformed on the subject. Gorman is a megalomaniac who is into nonsense more than medicine. That's why he doesn't do serious neurology and prefers to "treat" people with psychiatric and behavioral problems (and migraineurs). He seems to be fascinated by hypersexuality, having been a minor player in a group that published "Hypersexuality and hemiballism due to subthalamic infarction" in 2000 and "Hypersexuality following septal injury" in 1992 . These 3 pieces plus 4 other articles comprise the extent of his meager published work, plus 2 more letters to editors. The mustache and the goatee are affectations. He is a nobody in neurology. If you need a neurologist, find a real neurologist. Not someone with personal problems.

January 22nd, 2013
Not for fibromyalgia
Sought help for fibromyalgia and had a terrible experience working with him. He was very rude and completely unhelpful.

September 27th, 2012
Very kind, and helpful!
I was able to get in quickly, and Dr. Gorman spent time answering all of my questions. He was very through and did a good job explaining to me what was the problem and how we were going to approach it.

July 6th, 2011
Dr. Gorman was one of many specialists I saw. He definitely has a wonderful bedside manner, taking time to listen and understand what I was saying. He explained what was going on and what tests he was requesting. I would recommend him to anyone!

October 13th, 2010
Washed his hands of me
Dr. Gorman was initially good about treating my migraines, but when my symptoms worsened and we had difficulty finding a treatment that worked, he basically blew me off. He would leave garbled and confusing messages with his assistant that would require clarification, which delayed treatment; he once left a message for me to take Aleve for a raging migraine and then left for a three-day weekend, leaving his partner to hastily call in a prescription for me; he would prescribe medication that I had already tried and that had not worked. By the end I got the feeling that he had just totally checked out and was not interested in treating me at all. Very negative experience.

September 21st, 2010
disliked his unsympathitic, condesending attitiude.

May 3rd, 2010
Exceptional Dr and Staff for Elderly
My elderly dad has a plethora of different types of doctors. Dr Gorman is the only one who shows the compassion and understanding to speak slowly to him. His staff is friendly, both on the phone and in person. Dr Gorman is thorough and accurate with a wonderful manner.

August 26th, 2009
Front Desk
Hi Dr GormanI dont know if it your policy to get personal information from a new patient BEFORE your front desk can schedule an appointment with you, but this is what Fran said. As a matter of fact Fran was not consistent with what she was saying or doing when we were just there. Im sure that you encounter serious medical issues all the time - so Fran's type of personality is really not welcome to people like us that need desperately to see you.

May 25th, 2009
When I had been misdiagnosed over a period of at least two years, I finally was referred to Dr.Gorman by another physician at Overlake. I was diagnosed very quickly, given a sample of dopamine to see if symptoms abated. Indeed they did and I was diagnosed with Parkinson'sDisease. This man is an example of what all doctors should be. He cares for his patients and at a time when frankly everyone in the medical community has given up, how very refreshing to find this caring and thorough physician.