Dr. David Goss MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Lake Mary, FL

May 20th, 2015
Dr. Goss always takes me seriously and gets me tested when I have any symptoms. He never rushes me out. He is very good at answering my questions until I understand the answer. I appreciate the decor, real robe, warm instruments, and TV at the examining room.

December 3rd, 2014
Would not recommend
OMG their office staff is unresponsive and rude. There is a lady named Tony that has no business dealing with the public, much less women dealing with health issues. I have never been treated like this by a medical professional in my life. Keep looking ladies, I would never recommend this group based on how I was treated. I should have read the reviews before going there as there are plenty of others with similar feedback. Unreal....

April 16th, 2013
GREAT doctor
Dr.Goss is a GREAT doctor. He is very caring, and explained everything he was going to do BEFORE doing it. I was very comfortable with him. The office staff is also sweet.

October 30th, 2012
Caring doctor
I've been with doctor Goss for many years now and he was always caring, taking his time to explain everything to me and my husband.

July 22nd, 2012
So far the best ob/gyn doctor in central florida.

June 24th, 2012
Dr Goss needs a caring bone in his body
After meeting Dr. Goss I should have left after he shook hands. Everything about this "man" is weak, including his handshake. I was in the ER for 2 days in which they said I had a giant cust on my ovary. I was doubled over in pain. When I went to Dr Goss he said don't worry it will just go away. Of course all while never making eye contact with me once! I asked if I have to keep taking pain medicine (addictive narcotics) and he said, "its a free country you can do what you want" I was in tears and he was the most non caring, monotoned voice, creepy man I have ever met. When I went to my regular Dr. after returning from vacation she said not only did I have a complicated cyst that needed to be removed but I had a huge polyp in my uterus that needed to come out. She showed me the findings on the ER paperwork!! I could not believe it. If Dr Goss would have taken the time he would of been a better Dr. This man needs to retire. You may die in his care because he too lazy to perform surgery. I will spread this everywhere!
Doctor's Response

Many times we are asked to see patients with severe pain from ovarian cysts. However the vast majority of cysts are "self limited" - they will get better on their own without treatment. Even "complicated" cysts. I would say for every 10 cysts a gyn sees maybe one will actually ultimately require surgery i.e not eventually go away on its own. Many of you out there have probably had the experience of an ovarian cyst rupturing, causing severe pain, then healing without surgery. Some patients however feel they need immediate surgery for a cyst - even though the surgery is not absolutely necessary. Of course physicians make a lot of money by doing surgery and also don't like unhappy patients and if a patient goes from MD to MD desiring to have something done ultimately they will find an MD who will do the surgery. This does not mean it was necessary. Or maybe it means it was necessary in the sense it had to be done to keep the patient happy, even though the cyst would have gone away on its own with time. When I see patient who feels they need surgery for an ovarian cyst I know that by not doing the surgery I might have an unhappy patient who will have bad things to say about me. So I have the problem of either doing a surgery I know not to be necessary in order to keep the patient happy, or doing what I believe to be the right thing and giving the cyst time to heal on its own, knowing a review like this will follow. I choose to wait and fortunately many patients are grateful for the fact that I have helped them avoid a surgery. But obviously not all. I personally don't think I'm creepy (family and friends agree) and certainly hope I'm not the creepiest person this individual have ever met. I mean there are some really creepy people out there. I do I agree I try not to give anyone a bone crusher hand shake. No one who knows me says I speak in a monotone so that seems kind of strange comment.. Finally I think it is far less likely, indeed I think it is impossible that anyone will die in my care from not having a surgery for an ovarian cyst that likely will get better, with time, on its own. However it is certainly possible and much more likely that someone will suffer a major complication from a surgery that could have been avoided with patience.

June 21st, 2012
Dr. Goss has delivered both of my children. Great guy!

June 19th, 2012
Smart but bedside manner not so great
Very smart dr knows what he's talking about but not very good with the compassion aspect of care. I prefer to see DR. Parker or Dr. Boulting at this office.

December 3rd, 2010
Dr. Goss is wonderful!
Dr. Goss has been absolutely fantastic. I had been seeing him for prenatal care throughout 3 pregnancies, but another doctor was on duty when it came time for delivery. (My babies would not wait for him; however, I would have chosen to wait for him) He did deliver my youngest son 14 years ago and then performed a successful tubal ligation the following day. He has informed me of several methods for treating my current medical condition rather than performing surgery as a previous doctor told me was my ONLY option. His staff has also been absolutely wonderful. I cannot say enough how satisfied I am now that I am back with Dr. Goss. I was recently his last patient of the day and only waited 40 minutes. I have waited more than 2 hours in other doctor's offices. I have absolutely no complaints. Doctors are busy and by the end of the day, they do tend to get a bit behind schedule. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a quality, caring, and knowledgeable ob/gyn.

October 4th, 2010
Not my first choice
I was referred to Dr. Goss by an affiliate doctor at 3 months pregnant. I found there was no personable interaction as the doctor who referred me. I waited 30-45 min in the waiting room, another 20-40 min in the room to see the doctor for 10 min, go over the normal assessment to hear a rundown that was similar to the last appointment. Not a bad doctor, but I will be be returning for my regular yearly women exams.

June 28th, 2010
Blessings to Doctor Goss For Three Beautiful Healthy Kids!!!
Dr.Goss delivered three beautiful & healthy children for me. My oldest daughter is now 17 & healthy as can be. My second daughter is a healthy 13 year old. She was born with the cord around her neck and blue. Thanks to Doctor Goss's quick and professional thinking, Kailyn is here and healthy today. My third son is now 12 and he is sprouting like a weed and healthy as well. I can't say enough for him. I highly recommend him to anyone thinking about or having a baby.

April 11th, 2010
love this Dr
He delivered all three of my children. Two were VBAC. Love this man.