inactive

David C Greeson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 25th, 2014
Superior Doctor, Selfless Individual.
I was a patient of Dr. Greeson's for 10mos. Although his schedule was completely full & he was at his limit on patients, he fixed in time to treat me for opiate dependency. Typically, as patients, we shift & maneuver our weekly & daily schedules to fit around our Doctors Appts. However, in my case it was Dr. Greeson who left home a little earlier in the morning, cut out his lunch break out, & stayed at the office late in order to work his schedule around me. Nobody special. Just another opiate addicted patient. Dr. Greeson recognized, aknowledged, and gave up his personal time to treat me & did so professionally & thoroughly. I am forever grateful for his services. Good luck to those who suffer the same. Thank you eternally Dr. Greeson.

July 8th, 2014
A Doctor You Will Only Find Once In A Lifetime
I have been seeing Dr. Greeson for several years now. I initially went to see him for my ADD, but soon after found out I had a very rare type of pituitary tumor (quick anatomy refresher; the pituitary is the "master gland" that sits underneath the frontal lobe of your brain). This tumor was destroying my body and mind and there was no one locally that could treat me, I found a specialist in Seattle and eventually had surgery to have it removed, along with most of my pituitary gland. Unfortunately, I also ended up trading one disease for another. What I did not anticipate was how much this disease would cause me to lose in my life and how long the recovery would be, which is still ongoing. My initial optimism slowly gave way to depression as my disease took it's toll not only on me, but my family and it also made space for old childhood wounds to reopen. Dr. Greeson counseled me himself, as well as prescribed necessary medications. He is patient, kind, funny, empathetic, giving, honorable, caring, nurturing, and has never been judgmental. When my depression became too much to bear and I felt I was nothing but a burden to my husband and children, Dr.Greeson literally saved my life. If you are looking for a psychiatrist that truly cares, and the caring nature he has is evidenced by the real compassion he demonstrates towards his patients, there is no one I could recommend more than Dr. Greeson.. Whether I've cried and entire visit or laughed, or both as it usually goes, I always leave learning something new about myself along with a new perspective, and a great sense of relief and often times, joy.

May 11th, 2013
Excellent doctor
He is very compassionate and truly listens to his patients. He is honest and kind. He follows through on all plans he and patient discuss, and he allows the patient to participate in decisions.

February 12th, 2012
LIFE SAVER
Truly cares more about his patients than the FDA cares about qualified physicians prescribing anything that could possibly be addicting; even if essential. They should get out of the Dr.'s hair and leave them alone, no doctor prescribes medication for no reason, and they all know more than one or two FDA investigators. He doesn't need to be investigated whoever said that is TAKING ADVANTAGE OF DR GREESON period. If you tell him you have severe anxiety panic attacks he has to give you a benzo; he took an oath to help people. Just because he might trust you doesn't mean he is the bad one, seems like someone has a bad conscience and feels like they hurt themselves lying to get drugs they wanted, not needed. I would never see another Psychiatrist if he was $200.00 for 15 minutes, he gives you extra time anyway if he wants to. I actually consider him a person and a great influence in my life who trusts me to do the right thing with my medications, and would prescribe anything if it did more good than harm. I have to ask for adderall next time, normally I would be freaking out, but I know with tons of reasons and fitting 12 of 12 DSM IV Criteria for ADHD he will happily help me out of this brain fog, and constant daily fatigue that is causing my grades to drop. I got away with not using ADHD meds because I have a very high IQ and don;t require time to learn and do well even in Pre-Med courses. But in my fourth year it is too hard, and I must tell him I finally am admitting my ADHD and the need for Adderall IR 5mg three times a day, or maybe one XR and one instant whatever he decides will be best. But I have no doubt I will have what I need when I leave my appointment, I can't say that about any other Doctor I have ever known; even friends. He is a great guy, just ask for what you NEED and don't abuse his kind nature

October 28th, 2011
Great doctor. I trust him explicitly and he cares about his patients. He also trusts his patients to do what is in their own best interest. He does not care about money and was willing to work with me despite my limited funds / not being able to pay upfront at times. Staff is friendly and understanding. My only complaint is it can be hard to get them on the phone.

January 14th, 2011
Wonderful and Personable
After dealing with a few stuffed shirts during my struggles with depression, it was wonderful to find a considerate, thoughtful psychiatrist who would speak to me as an adult (I'm 24 years old) even though his specialty is child psychiatry. The only complaint I've had in the past with him is his front office. There have been complications in the past, but now those have seemed to be cleared up.I would highly recommend him.

September 3rd, 2010
i'm a new person
i was a drug addict who desperately wanted to get clean. dr greesons name came up as a local doc that could prescribe suboxone treatment. first off, karen his office manager was unbelievable sympathetic and caring. not once did i feel judged or treated as just another junkie. then dr greeson called me himself and we spoke on the phone . after describing the withdrawls i was going through he asked if i could come in that very day. i did . he took my vitals and explained to me very clearly what i was getting into. i immediatly began to feel better . he gave me a sense of hope that i had not had in years. i have a legitimate pain issue and he discussed different options to help me cope with my pain without needing to fall back on meds which for me was a never ending downward spiral back into addiction. he always told me to call if i needed anything and if i ever did call with a question , karen always called me back the same day and i never felt like i needed to remind them why i was there and that's because they weren't just going through the motions but were truly listening , interested and committed to helping me . and they did. i still struggle with some depression but i am able to cope like a normal person would. "normal" wasn't in my vocabulary for many many years prior to becoming a patient in dr greesons office. i'm shocked by the negative comment that someone left before me and think they mustve been a patient before hiring karen as their office manager because she is very much on top of everything that goes on in that office from phone calls to insurance codes to letting the doc know when he needs to wrap up an appointment. i recommend dr greeson highly . i think he's a highly intuitive doc who doesn't choose to just whip out the prescription pad. he tailors your treatment to your specific need and that doesn't always mean with another pill. when i started seeing dr greeson i was on 7 meds. now i'm on 3. he's a great doc.

February 16th, 2010
This office needs better help. Can not get any infomation.. NO insurance help

July 13th, 2009
I have been unable to get Dr. Greeson's office to return numerous voicemail messages regarding paperwork I need to file for insurance. This is totally unacceptable. I have left messages for weeks and even stopped by his office a couple of times to no avail. Is he even still in practice?