Dr. David Grischkan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Grischkan?

Weightlifters, see this guy!

Posted on October 21st, 2017

Three surgeries as adult from lifting weights. This guy fixed the problems!

Excellent all Around

Posted on September 29th, 2017

My entire experience with Dr. Grischkan and the Hernia Center of Ohio was excellent—from start to finish. I am 66 years old and hadn’t had any medical procedure done since I had my wisdom teeth out at age 16, i.e., 50 years ago. I mention it because I was really pretty anxious about it all; but, Dr. Grischkan and his staff were patient and professional throughout and kept my mind at rest. The intake people the day before were great, very efficient, had all the papers ready and prepared in advance. I thought I'd have to spend an hour filling out forms, but all I had to do was read, confirm, and sign. The day of the surgery I was pleased to see that everyone involved knew exactly what they were doing. The nurses prepared everything with care, checked everything twice. The anesthesiologist was a real pro. And everyone was really personable about it; I was never treated as a mere “case” or “one more job to do.” When I was wheeled in for the surgery and about to go under the anesthetic, I have to say that at that moment—knowing I was just about to be cut open—I was really happy that I had chosen to go with one of the most expert doctors on the face of the earth for this procedure. I could have gone to a good, recommended general surgeon in my hometown two hours away, but he was not a super-specialist in hernias. They were just one of a dozen or two procedures he did and not even one of his announced specialties. As I went into dreamland, I was very happy I made the trip up the Hernia Center for the specialist. After the fact, I was even more happy. Dr. Grischkan let my wife and I know that I had actually had a double-hernia on the right side and that the edges of the tissues that had to be repaired were thin and had to be doubled over to make sure the repair held. (I had requested no mesh.) But my impression was that Dr. Grischkan had dealt with these kinds of “surprises” many times before, so he could handle anything that came up—he’s seen it all and done it all, so he could make whatever adjustments were necessary at the time without hesitation. I’m not sure a good “general surgeon” would have the ability to do that if he had discovered my two “surprises” right after opening me up. A good general surgeon might not have had the years of experience with just these kinds of complications. I might have ended up with mesh when I didn’t really have to have it. Now if Dr. Grischkan tells me I need mesh, I’ll take it as gospel. He’ll only use it if it is really necessary. He knows what he is about. I recommend him without reservation. His staff were also extremely patient and professional with me after the fact, during my first week of recovery. I called several times with questions and they were unfailingly polite, attentive, and helpful. Good experience all around. I did my 4 hours of walking, which the Center recommends, not just for the first 3 or 4 days but for about two weeks. Really helpful, great recovery plan. I was back at work on Tuesday after surgery Thursday. (Monday was a holiday that week.) Also, no surprises about the charges. All explained beforehand openly and honestly.

Incredible Outcomes!

Posted on March 15th, 2017

I had my right inguinal repair in 2009. I did all of my research; techniques, materials, recovery rates and failure rates. Only Dr. Grischkan's Modified Shouldice Technique checked all of the boxes. No mesh, only the highest grade surgical Gore-Tex is used. I read testimonials claiming 2 to 4 day recovery rates for returning to work. No reported failures, only praise from those who had shoddy work repaired. I knew it would be completely "out-of-pocket" expense, but I only have 1 body and wanted it done right. First of all, brilliant decision! It was affordable and they worked out a payment plan for me. I recovered as promised and was back to work in days. In fact, I was splitting firewood 10 days after surgery - no lie! 8 years later I've completely forgotten the surgery ever happened - no lingering effects or discomfort at all. My outcome was so storybook perfect that I am now 2 weeks removed from having the other side done and everything has been perfect. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Grischkan!

Posted on November 15th, 2016

Dr. Grischkan was excellent. My surgery went extremely well . Could not ask for any better results. He is an expert in his field. I will refer him to my friends who need his care.

The best decision I ever made, Twice

Posted on October 25th, 2016

A few years ago I had a traditional double inguinal hernia operation. Dr. Stengle of the Toledo clinic performed the surgery. My surgical scares would heal and reopen. I began to experience severe pain in my entire upper torso. I discovered from another local doctor, who had experienced a similar experience, that I was having a reaction to the nylon mesh used in a standard surgical procedure. He recommended I see Dr. Grischkan. Over the next several months I had Dr. Grischkin remove the nylon mesh, repair the hernia's and replace the mesh with Gortex. I have since made a fun recovery. The staff was friendly and professional. the operation was convenient and speedy. I walked just a few hours after the surgery. Thank you Dr. Grischkin.

The Best

Posted on September 21st, 2016

Dr. Grischkan is an expert at Hernia Repair. My experience was extremely favorable. Having had a hernia repaired ten years ago as my comparison, my recent surgery was 100% more favorable. Have NO reservations recommending Dr. Grischkan.

Posted on July 11th, 2016

Both the doctor and his staff were beyond amazing! My wife and I felt comfortable and stress free, for both, the conciliation and surgery! My extended appreciation goes to Dr. G and Kara for the being so kind and fun!

Posted on April 21st, 2016

Dr. Grischkan performed a very complicated surgery to correct a previous hernia surgery. I had been in pain for over 12 months and was pain free shortly after Dr. Grischkan's procedure. He made himself available via phone to answer numerous questions and was extremely responsive to my needs. His staff was friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable. His costs were comparable to my initial surgery. Needless to say, I couldn't be happier with my experience with Dr. Grischkan and the staff at the Ohio Hernia Center.

The Best Surgeon

Posted on April 13th, 2016

Dr. Grischkan"s surgical skills and knowledge are unsurpassed. Four individuals I know highly recommended him. I have had two different hernia repairs with Dr. Grischkan and the results have been beyond my expectations. I too highly recommend Dr. Grischkan.

Posted on March 9th, 2016

Nothing but accolades! Dr. Grischkan is a wonderfully attentive and knowledgeable surgeon. I have had several surgeries with the Doctor and all have been exactly as promised. His “bedside manner” is like none other. Also the staff is all great, they always have a smile and are willing to help at any cost. Everytime I go to the office I always feel welcomed and leave confident that I have made the right choice. I WILL NEVER goto another surgeon for ANY type of hernia. My local doctors couldn't even find the hernias!

Posted on January 27th, 2016

After 2 months of intense pain and every test imaginable I was referred to Dr. Grischkan by my chiropractor. Within 2 minutes he gave me a diagnosis, saying how hard hernias are to diagnose in women and explained his procedures. Surgery was 2 weeks later. I only needed one pain pill and played my trombone in a concert 3 days after surgery. After my follow-up appointment I was cleared to do any activities I wish including weight training and planks. Thank you for giving me my health back, Dr. Grischkan!

Posted on January 3rd, 2016

I had hernia surgery with Dr Grischkan and am very satisfied and would recommend this surgeon to anyone . Everything was explained in full, the office staff was very nice . surgery was on a Thursday , I was up and going on Friday with little pain and back to work in a week.