Orthopaedic Surgeon
3000 N Halsted St
Ste 525
Chicago, IL 60657
773-433-3130
Locations and availability (4)

|  Fixed my ankle  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2011

recommended by my trainer, fixed a bad break with surgery and planning on running marathon next week. Just saw him and got the all clear. SO ECSTATIC! Charming and caring doctor he deserves 6 stars!

|  Wonderful!  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2011

Was referred by my PCP for our daughter who had a complicated knee injury (soccer). She has been treated with great care and we are happy to say that she is now starting at Iowa (full scholarship!) Will still have her follow up on holidays and all of her Dr.'s in Iowa are impressed with his work!

Jul 13th, 2011

Dr Guelich is very nice and I like his personality a lot. What I don't like is the fact that I feel thrown out of his office and I don't know what is going on. I assume my xrays today were ok but I have no idea how they looked and I would like to know. Both visits with him I was asking him questions in the hallway! I'd like more time and attention please! I never broke a bone before and I don't know what is normal or what to expect.

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2011

Very conservative approach for the first visits. Dr. G considered my job and my ability to tolerate the pain. He fixed my shoulder and all his recommendations were spot on! Can't even see the incisions now, my wife thinks he's great too and we've referred all of our friends. Very nice practice!

|  The Best!  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2011

Referred on by a friend. Terrific experience, and very well respected. Went for 2nd opinion and they spoke very highly. Fixed a cartilage problem in my knee. I'm running again and soo happy!!

|  THE BEST!  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2011

Dr. Guelich and his staff are wonderful. Fixed a problem in my shoulder another surgeon screwed up. Spends time and honestly cares, not sure what we would have done w/out him!

|  Best Sports Orthopedic Surgeon in town!  |  show details
by Cynthia Morote-Ariza on Mar 3rd, 2011

I was able to go through three knee surgeries successfully thanks to Dr. Guelich. He is the most caring, honest, personable, supportive, and compassionate doctor I have ever met. As an athlete, going through two acl reconstructive surgeries and a meniscous repair in less than two years, has probably been the most challenging thing that I had to face as a soccer player so far. Dr. Guelich's professional expertise, knowledge, and caring support has made the whole difference in my quick recovery, physically and psychologically.

Feb 12th, 2011

Sent to Dr. Guelich for 2nd opinion. He affirmed the treatment recommendation from the first surgeon, and I'm still going to have him do my surgery. Great guy.

Dec 2nd, 2010

Terrific surgeon, very professional

|  ACL, MCL, PCL  |  show details
by Sean Hayes (CPD) on Apr 29th, 2010

Doc did an amazing job. His downtime was accurate. He was phenomenal, the whole way. I would and do suggest him, whenever it comes up. Top notch.

|  Five Stars physician and Surgeon  |  show details
May 27th, 2009

My daughter needed ACL reconstruction after a sports related ACL tear. Not only her physical and emotional well-being were a concern but also her career in collegiate and professional sports, present and future. After pondering over several good surgeons that had already evaluated her, we decided for Dr. Guelich. Enthusiastic, energetic, assertive, direct, knowledgeable and with good humor he also was quite personable and caring, answering our many questions with comprehensive explanations about all the alternatives for her surgery, and the pros and cons of each one. However, he also told us emphatically what methods and techniques he would NOT perform in our daughter's case, and which one he recommnended strongly even if we went somewhere else for her surgery. Dr. Guelich tailored his recommendations according to our daughters' sport, age, body strength, present and future career, gender and current available clinical and research data. He emphasized the psychological aspect and mental strength relevant to the entire process, and the pre-op rehabilitation of her thigh for strengthening her leg. He gave us detailed information, step by step, of what to expect before, during and after surgery and throughout the rehabilitation process. Although, there is a strong possibility that she will be ready to compete within four months after her surgery, he did let us know that he would not discharge her before the full six months post-op rehab period. By saying this, he was thinking not about one more collegiate season for her, but about her future and her career, and about ensuring her well-being by avoiding the possibility of a re-rupture. Answering to our many questions, for we had researched the subject and the specialists in the area A LOT, he focused us on one key factor beyond sources and quality of the grafts: the ability of the surgeon to give the new ACL the right angle, positioning and attachment, plus the effectiveness of the harvesting. The decission that Dr. Guelich should be our daughters' surgeon unfolded on its own by the time the first meeting was over. The second meeting was an even better conffirmation that this was a done deal. We are awaiting for her surgery with hope and confident that our daughter is in good hands.