A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Fischer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Fischer, Ophthalmologist (Retina) is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Fischer
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Fischer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Fischer, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 22 areas:
- Bone Density
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Disorders
- Sports Medicine
- Sprains and Strains
- Stress Fractures
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tennis Elbow
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Fischer graduated from Temple University Physicians, Philadelphia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Fischer has 29 hospital affiliations:
- Main Line Hospital Lankenau
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David H Fischer MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. David H. Fischer practice?
- Dr. David Fischer has 4 office locations.
Dr. David Fischer practices Ophthalmology near Bala Cynwyd, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Huntingdon Valley, PA and Philadelphia, PA.
See Bala Cynwyd Ophthalmologists.