A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Fischer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Fischer, Ophthalmologist (Retina) is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Fischer
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Fischer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Fischer, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 22 areas:
- Bone Density
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Disorders
- Sports Medicine
- Sprains and Strains
- Stress Fractures
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tennis Elbow
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Fischer graduated from Temple University Physicians, Philadelphia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Fischer has 29 hospital affiliations:
- Main Line Hospital Lankenau
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David H Fischer MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. David H. Fischer practice?
- Dr. David Fischer has 4 office locations.
Dr. David Fischer practices Ophthalmology near Bala Cynwyd, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Huntingdon Valley, PA and Philadelphia, PA.
See Bala Cynwyd Ophthalmologists.