Dr. David Fischer, MD
Ophthalmologist (Retina)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Excellent Service show details Excellent Service
Jun 25th, 2013

So glad they could fit me in as an emergency today.

Yes I would recommend Dr. Fischer at Mid Atlantic Retina show details Yes I would recommend Dr. Fischer at Mid Atlantic Retina
by R. Hoffman on May 10th, 2013

Mid Atlantic Retina is the best place for your eyes! Dr. Fischer is excellent with taking the time to answer my questions and explaining medical procedures.

Aug 15th, 2012

Needs to drop the fact he's good at uveitis. Dr. Fischer GROSSLY misrepresents his expertise in this area. Others on the East Coast are far superior- see Mass Ear and Eye, UMDNJ-Newark, Johns Hopkins, U of Penn (Scheie), or NIH (Bethesda, MD) if you want proper, modern care. HEAVY reliance on steriods and hesitant on modern methods. His text book on this disease stopped when 8 tracks were no longer commercially available!

good staff show details good staff
by Anonymous on Jul 25th, 2012 on doctorsdig.com

I went in for an emergency today and they took me within very little time. Even though I was an emergency Dr. Fischer was still very thorough and upd ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
May 18th, 2012

Very kind and gentle. Makes patient feel at ease.

Jun 29th, 2010

Let me first start by stating that I am a physician, but it is not something that I like to declare when I or my family member is a patient because I want to ensure the most objective evaluation possible. Because of my profession, I have a perspective on how stressful and difficult both patient care and patient/family interactions can be at times, but I also have an understanding that communication, whether its with staff or patients, is critical to being a good physician. My mother was recently at Dr. Fischer's office for a retinal disease where she had been progressively losing her eyesight. I have never experienced such condescension or rudeness when my mother asked some very simple and valid questions to her disease. I have been in practice for 11 years, and realize that one office visit may not accurately reflect someone's abilities or personality. However, the lack of empathy or communication we experienced that day was appalling. I am hoping this was an isolated incident and not a reflection of a general standard of treatment.