Overall Review

September 16th, 2016
Best Doctor in the World
Dr. Harter operated on my son who has hydrocephalus over 20 times. He has always been incredibly caring, down to earth, and easy to talk to. He always tells us that he is just a "Plumber" who works on the brain. Recently my wife got some scary news from an MRI. I contacted Dr. Harter who within 24 hours had her admitted to NYU and had removed a lipoma from her spinal column. He treated us like he would his own family and that is not something that you find that often in a doctor. I highly recommend you seek out Dr. Harter. You won't be disappointed. His staff is top-notch and super accommodating as well

January 4th, 2016
My son was diagnosed with plagiocephaly and throughout the whole process Dr Harter was not only compassionate but he took as much time as we needed. I would highly recommend him and his staff.

November 2nd, 2015
Great doctor
I will forever be grateful to Dr Harter - he is an exceptional doctor and a great human being. He treated my baby daughter for craniosynostosis, along with Dr Staffenberg, with whom he regularly works on pediatric craniofacial cases. Dr Harter was brilliantly helpful, spending a lot of time with us before our daughter's surgery, carefully answering all our questions, and making us feel that we were in the best possible hands - I can't tell you what a difference it makes to feel that. Dr Harter worked very well together with Dr Staffenberg as a team (no lack of communication, as with some other multidisciplinary medical teams). The pair of them are simply the best doctors I have ever come across. I note a couple of negative reviews criticising the wait time - I'd point out this is probably because he takes all the time his patients need (he has all the time in the world for you); and anyway, when you're going to see a neurosurgeon, I think there are more important things that waiting a few extra minutes. Probably more important to get a great doctor, and Dr Harter is certainly that.

October 10th, 2015
Thank you, Dr. Harter
Dr. Harter is amazing. He's a brilliant doctor and a wonderful person. During my pre- and post-op visits, he answered all my questions kindly and thoroughly, and I never felt rushed. He took his time with our discussion and explained everything. I would happily and without hesitation recommend anyone I know to see him.

September 18th, 2015
He is wonderful he saved my son's life such a wonderful person such a wonderful surgeon such a wonderful staff I will always love him he saved my son from a JPA tumor he's the best

December 24th, 2014
He has wonderful bedside manner and really takes time to explain the situation.

November 27th, 2013
The Best Doctor for any parent
I haven't had such a great experience with a doctor in decades, and certainly not in new york city. But Dr. Harter took his time, was understanding, clear, and just an incredible professional. I would recommend him to anybody.

August 12th, 2013
Jan 17th, 2012
I posted a comment on Jan 17th, 2012 about a negative experience with Dr. Harter. The situation has since turned around, we sat down and talked about things, he even encouraged us to get a second opinion if we would like. We did and came back to him. Be patient, neurosurgery is a long slow process. I'm sorry for posting a rating so soon. Overall, had a good experience. If you having a problem with the doctor, talk about it.

June 30th, 2013
Horrible
I think the doctor must've written his own good reviews. My experience was a nightmare! Horrible staff. Long wait time.

May 8th, 2013
Awesome
Dr. Harter performed my two brain surgeries. He is very kind and personable, he spoke with me rather than asking my mother how i feel. i would definitely recomend him to anyone who needs a neurosurgeoun!

April 20th, 2013
Great Doc
Operated on a spinal condition that I was told by another surgeon was inoperable. It is just short of 2 years and I am doing great!! I jogged a mile at the gym the other day, I was in using a walker with a seat around this time 2 years ago. Dr Harter and I had a rocky road (expected for the most part) but he was great with it. Initial appt took awhile to get but after that was easy to reach him and get appts.

March 28th, 2013
Excellent
Dr. Harter is a highly skilled and talented surgeon. His dedication and compassion is unparalleled. He is friendly, obliging and always make my son feel comfortable. He explains things in a manner that is understandable to both adults AND children. He is truly gifted and I would definately recommend him to anyone.