inactive

David Humphreys MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 20th, 2013
Completely satisfied
I had some plastic surgery earlier from another local doctor and it was horrible~!! Never shop for a plastic surgeon in the Asheville Mall, terrible idea! Dr Humphreys did an incredible job correcting everything and making me look better than I could have ever expected. I would refer everyone looking for an excellent doctor. They just don't come any better than Dr. Humpherys.

June 3rd, 2011
I'm happier now than ever
I Was scared to go under anesthesia, but Dr Humphries' staff made me comfortable. He & his staff are very kind. I had breast augmentation with gel implants & he did a superb job. I Drove from another state to have him as my surgeon. Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you need to. He answered all mine & the surgery went great. He does many post op check ups to ensure his patients are having no problems. I would recommend him.

April 30th, 2011
Very friendly. Treated me with respect and ease.

February 7th, 2011
I would NOT recommend
My experience with Dr. Humphries was far from satisfying. He did my breast implants 3 years ago, spring 2008. I should have listened to my instinct when he refused to answer my request in the consultation visit to see images of the "worst case" possibilities with scar healing. I explained to him that I wanted to be fully educated about the range of possible results, including the bad ones, for making the choice to change my body's appearance. He said that poorly healing scars are "outliers," and that it wouldn't do his practice good to show statistically rare negative results (although I'm sure he doesn't hesitate to show statistically rare positive results). Right there he was choosing to restrict the information available to me regarding the scope of results within his practice. And since I'd already made the $75 investment into him, i let myself be guided into believing his "expert" opinion that I didn't need that information. Unfortunately, my scars did not heal well. One of them is severely hypotrophic, and clearly visible with the naked eye. Of particular interest here is that other health professionals I've asked about this one-sided scarring have all said since my body's healing faculties were at work evenly on both sides, it must have been something the surgeon did differently to this one side that caused to to heal improperly. Another question has been raised, also, about the quality of his technique in that the skin attached to my sternum between the implants is very thin. When pressing the implants up, like a push-up bra would do, the skin above my sternum rises also, with the overall effect of the cleavage being completely smoothed out. GROSS. I'm constantly fearful that this thin wall of tissue between the implants is going to rupture and then I'll just have one big sack of skin with two implants rolling around inside. This is a daily stress for me, and definitely a reflection of the surgeon's technique. I also have very, very little breast sensation left. What was even more disappointing than these disappointments is that when I tried to have a civil, intelligent conversation with the man about my experience and concerns (way before I'd processed the lifelong reality of these problems, and begun to consider his role in creating them, when they were just things that I'd noticed, which is also to say that I was totally non-confrontational) he completely cut me off, interrupting and not listening while defending himself and dismissing my ability to have an educated conversation with a doctor. It was the epitome of the God-complex MAN doctor putting a lowly, ignorant woman in her place. I had to explicitly ask him multiple times to not interrupt me and listen to my entire statement before responding. He then responded not to my questions or concerns but to his own agenda... telling me I'd signed a waiver and released him of legal liability. He offered absolutely nothing in the way of solution except to say I could pay him more money to have laser treatments to try reducing the redness of the scar. The office staff and nurses were great, but the man behind the facade was not a person I would want as a friend, much less someone that I feel good about having trusted with my body. My advice is to find a female plastic surgeon if you're interested in getting plastic surgery. And if they don't give you straightforward answers to straightforward questions, then the person won't be any more upstanding in the case that something of greater concern arises later.

May 28th, 2010
Dr Humphreys and staff were great!I would recommend to everyone and would keep going there as long as they are there! Or I am here which ever comes first!His skills and the staffs are remarkable and Im so glad that I decided to go in the first place.My experience was great!!could not ask for any better.