Dr. David Jacobson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

December 14th, 2015
poor personality

July 21st, 2015
Never returns phone calls, or emails. Became very disgusted and left the practice. Almost never contacted them. On my initial visit he reminded me several times I am your doctor. Several years his patient. Never saw me as a patient again. Liked Martha, but he told me he was my Dr.

April 8th, 2015
This practice is a joke. All you have to do is see the kind of people sitting in the waiting room to realize that will be YOU in a few years if you stay with this practice--sick all the time, to obese to walk, on oxygen. Do yourself a favor and find a better endocrinologist. There are plenty in Atlanta. The drive is worth it.

April 30th, 2014
Great experience
Dr. Jacobson is an exemplary doctor. I have had type 1 diabetes for 43 years with good control and started seeing him in 2010. I quickly realized how much informaton I did NOT know about glucose control and now have great blood sugar levels. Dr. Jacobson will work with you to make diabetes control part of your life, not revolve your life around diabetes. He can be brusque but has always taken time to answer my questions as they relate to diabetes. He depends on the patient to ask questions and leaves follow up between appointments up to you. For me, diabetes is self-managed and I needed the tools to manage it. The practice exists to support the patient but you have to be proactive. If you do the work, you will have a great support system. I highly recommend Dr. Jacobson for anyone motivated to put in the day-to-day work to control their diabetes.

April 22nd, 2014
Worst doctor I have ever met!!
This doctor was the most condescending, arrogant person who had no regard for what I was saying or feeling. He didnt look at me once, kept looking at his computer and had no regard for what I was trying to tell him. All he was focused on was taking his two day class even though I told him I have taken many classes in the past! He should go back to school and learn some social skills. Guess he skipped those classes.

April 16th, 2014
MSW
In my most recent visit to Dr. Jacobson Office in Decatur, I found Dr. Jacobson demeanor rude and unprofessional. When confronted about his impersonal behavior, he does not take any ownership of it. Instead he tries to devalue or minimize your concerns and thoughts, or blame the patient. His attitude of if you don't like how I treat you then leave, is unacceptable. I believe there has to be a trusting relationship and the health care provider must demonstrate some level of respect and willingness to hear a patient. This includes listening and being cordial. This doctor was not engaging nor was he personable. As consumers we have the right to choose how we want to be treated. I decided to leave and seek health care elsewhere. Don’t be confused I was a compliant patient My A1C was a 10.5…. when I left it was a 6.60. He wrote the prescription but I did the work. Thanks but no thanks I deserve better.

March 20th, 2014
I called the office to make an appointment, but after reading the negative reviews of this doctor, now I hesitate to move forward. When you know that your health is not where it needs to be, the last thing you need is to feel that your Doctor does not care or have good bedside manners. Somewhat confused as to what I should do at this point.

July 1st, 2013
arrogant condescending doctor
Went to Dr Jacobson for 1 1/2 years for type 1 diabetes. He insisted I go through a 2 day education program, even though I have had diabetes for 30+ years and the program was 99.9% directed at type 2 diabetics. I thought his strict regiment would help keep me on track but I became more and more frustrated each visit. It is unfortunate because the other professionals who work here seem very competent and personable. Dr J has no listening capabilities, talks to you like a child and is the most arrogant doctor I have ever had the displeasure to know. I would give him 0 stars if possible.

March 25th, 2013
Professional Staff, Professional Service
I sought to get my overall health in order. Having said this, I wanted to find a internal medicine physician, with sub specialties in metabolism, endocrinology, and diabetes. I found this physician on my personal health care website. I scheduled the appointment, within 1 week was seen. His demeanor was friendly, with a fresh approach. He documented all information, asked questions that needed additional follow up, then explained what would occur next. If you are someone who needs a great physician, please contact them. The staff is friendly, and often encouraging to patients when needed. They have a dietician onsite, who will work with you on meal planning and preparation. For this phase of my life, I need to get it together, if I want to live without the pills that most people begin to take when they decline in their health.....starting at age 40. I opted to be PROACTIVE, and start small, so that when I age, I will be able to manage my diet effectively. I think this office will help me reach my goal, and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

November 4th, 2012
Dr.Jacobson is completely rude
I saw Dr. Jacobson twice for hypothyroidism. He literally spent no more than three minutes with me each time. His manner was completely condescending, and rude.My questions were ignored by this doctor.I have never met a more arrogant physician in my life-literally.

September 28th, 2012
Smart - not professional
This Dr. is not worth your time. Saw Dr. Jacobson for low testosterone. He ordered bloodwork which suggested a pituitary issue. Feeling lousy, I resumed my testosterone supplementation after the blood work. Shouldnt have done that, but fessed up and told this to him and he goes into a rally about the need to communicate with him and how this delayed further blood tests. In the interim he sent me for an MRI which revealed a pituitary tumor. Had his ASSISTANT call to say there was a small tumor. I've felt awful for months, I have a medical background and wanted to run a few questions by him - I wanted to assure our ducks were in a row and I didnt want to wait 6 weeks until the next appointment. Tried calling for 3 days, no response, finally his assistant calls and said "he has nothing to discuss before the next appointment" - the Dr. who stressed communication refused to take a 5 min phone call. He may know his stuff, but you can find someone who's smart and has some semblance of bedside manner. Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield

July 11th, 2012
New patinet
MA needs to be more mindful of patients in waiting area..Copayment are too high..