Dr. David Song MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

November 10th, 2015
After a bad experience with another doctor in joliet.
Dr.David Song came to my life like an angel. He save not only my double mastectomy reconstruction surgery but my life, because at that point I was very depressed and not sure what was going to happen. He is a wonderful human being. God works through his hands and he gave me hope again.I trust Dr. Song with my life.God bless you.I recommend to everyone! !

April 16th, 2015
The very BEST breast reconstruction surgeon! Kind, compassionate, caring.

March 27th, 2015
wonderful staff and great bedside manner .

January 24th, 2015
Dr. Song is great
I went for opinions from Rush, Northwestern, Northshore, and other Plastic surgeons in the area. Dr. Song was compassionate, to the point, a skilled professional, told me exactly what was going to be done, dealt with my concerns, and was patient with me. I am one of the only patients that gained weight during 5 month of chemo, and had to lose 50 lbs prior to my reconsructive surgery for the skin grafting to take. I underwent a 16 hour operations, performed by Dr. Song and his team. He demonstrated remarkable perserverence to get the job done so I would not have to go through a another surgery to complete the reconstruction. His staff kept my husband informed throughout the 16 hours, and he was back bright and early the next morning to ensure I was okay. He is also a perfectionist which is a good thing for a plastic surgeon to be. He is very accessible, providing me with his email which made the recovery less stressful. I would highly recommend Dr. Song.

October 30th, 2014
Nice doc; poor mastectomy reconstruction
At 67, I had one thought: Am I going to die? Having breasts that looked disfigured and discomfort from tightness mattered not. Also, Dr. Song didn't notice how strong my pecs were, so the first surgery didn't take. Second surgery my breast stayed in one place but more disfigurement and tightness followed. Today, 7 years later, when my breast surgeon commented on the way they looked and recommended I go back to Dr. Song, I decided to do something about it and see another doc. My personal feelings about Dr. Song: He saw a 67-yr.-old woman and assumed that at this age aesthetics were not that important. In other words, he spent very little time getting to know me and how I felt. My advice: Get at least 2 opinions.

September 23rd, 2013
Patient
Dr. David Song is THE real deal. Nothing good comes easy. He is worth the wait in getting an appt. I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer 3.5 yrs ago and have had procedure after procedure (17+) and thousands of dollars later. I am so very grateful for finally being respected and treated as though I mattered. 10+ for Dr. Song.

September 6th, 2013
One year after reconstruction
You couldn't ask for a better surgeon. Dr. Song is extremely professional, very warm and compassionate. As it is a teaching hospital, all of his colleagues are the same. I celebrated my one year anniversary after having the DIEP surgery this month. Very happy with the results. It's awesome to look in the mirror and know it is all me! I turned to Dr. Song after my original reconstruction had to be removed due to infection with another Plastic Surgeon. I would highly recommended Dr. Song and his team. I feel lucky to have had him as my surgeon

July 18th, 2013
I chose Dr. Song after extensive research and felt I had made a good descision. Boy was I wrong!! He is defines the word arrogant. I had a SEAP FLAP. I had two drains in my pubic area of which one had to be remove almost immediately and the drain in my newly constructed breast needed to be removed within 4 days. My breast swelled to huge & painful proportion. My breast did not heal for a rock solid 8 months. No help or expertise from him or his staff regarding wound healing after questioning on my part, his only answer was I needed to have a better outlook and trust him. After 8 months, seriously?? Please look elsewhere.

February 26th, 2012
Excellent bedside manner. Really knows his stuff. Excellent reconstruction work. I'm very happy to have found him.

June 9th, 2011
AN ANGEL DISGUISED AS A HUMAN!
YOU WON'T FIND A MORE DEDICATED, CARING,& PROFESSONAL DOCTOR THAN DAVID SONG! HE MAKES EACH PATIENT FEEL THAT THEY ARE VERY SPECIAL AND IMPORTANT TO HIM. HE TAKES TIME EXPLAINING EACH PROCEDURE THAT HE WILL BE DOING AND HE IS ALWAYS READY FOR ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY ASK, NO MATTER HOW TRIVIAL THEY MAY SEEM! WHAT A BLESSING!

December 1st, 2010
Dr. David Song is an incredibly gifted and brilliant doctor. I highly recommend him for breast cancer reconstruction.His bedside manner and compassion are hard to find anywhere else. His staff is awesome as well!

June 30th, 2010
I agree...
with both the positive posters...Dr Song is an incredible talented surgeon in addition to being very responsive to questions, both at appointments and on the phone or by email. He did my DEIP surgery, and I would recommend him to anyone considering this proceedure.