Dr. David Hammett Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Hammett?

Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. David Hammett?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 24th, 2017

Find another Doctor -- this one wont even show up !!!

My very first appointment was at 9am - I did not get to see him until 11 -- 2 hours !!!! no none else was there in the waiting room when I arrived. Every other time I have specified to the receptionist I WANT TO SEE DR HAMMETT -- I always just get to talk with his PA -- and all she does is push drugs that don't work !!!! FIND SOMEPLACE ELSE!!!!!!

January 24th, 2017

Wonderful doctor! I have been going to Dr. Hammett for several years for cervical dystonia. He is kind, patient, answers questions and he truly cares about his patients!

May 20th, 2016

Dr. Hammett and his staff were caring and expedited immediate treatment for me in Charleston at MUSC. The staff followed up on my condition and care. Wonderful, knowledgeable physician and staff! Great care!

November 20th, 2015

Experiencing Dr Hammett

I have found Dr. Hammett to be accurate in developing the conditions I suffer from. After working in a CT college and setting up a medical assisting program, I always do background checks on my doctors information he has given me. I have always felt comfortable with both staff and Dr. However, I would like to see my phone calls returned sooner, especially when I need a clearance for surgery. Overall, I am confident and comfortable with my doctor and would recommend him to other individuals.

October 26th, 2015

Doctor OK, staff needs work!

My criticisms are primarily for the staff. While waiting 2 hours to be seen for my apt, not once did a staff member apologize or update me regarding my long wait. Also, for receptionist Kelsey: if I can see that your bra is coral colored with animal print trim, then you need to wear a shirt with more coverage. Unrelated to my visit....when I called Dr Hammett's nurse (daily for 3 consecutive days), I would have appreciated an apology for not getting back to me within 24 hours as your voicemail says that you will.

August 20th, 2015

Wait at least 2 hrs for each appt.

Beware. The medical assistant signed the prescriptions in front of me and spent more time with me but did not listen to a word I said. She also did not seem to know as much as one would think. She was more boastful about filling in for the doctor. They always reschedule appointments because he is out of the office. Unacceptable. Don't waste your time. It can't be safe.

June 8th, 2015

Excellent headache treatment

March 6th, 2015

Run Forest Run

Dr. Hammett primary job is to dope his patients up with Demerol and Valium. He doesn't explain medical conditions nor run test whatsoever. He complains about his past jobs at other medical facilities and how he was unable to contact previous patients for some reason. I recommend if you are looking for a neurologist to look elsewhere. You may be in the office anywhere from 3-4 hours in one visit. Office staff pass the buck from one to another.

August 26th, 2014

Great Doctor - I finally found his new office

Dr. Hammett has really proven to me that a doctor is capable of providing patient focused care. His is friendly, answers any questions, and truly cares about his patients. I would recommend him to any person, anytime, anywhere for neurological disorders. I have cervical dystonia which he has treated successfully.

September 10th, 2013

Best Neurologist in Columbia

Dr.Hammett is truly a wonderful neurologist!I have never been treated this well by a neurologist in Columbia and believe me I've been to alot of them.His staff was also the best,they actually care about the patients.I am trying to hold out for him to open a practice because I dread the thought of going to any other Dr. for my chronic migaines & neck pain. Please open soon!

August 23rd, 2013

Dr. Hammett was the first doctor to get to the root of my headaches. Botox is a life saver for me, but I'm overdue! I enjoy the comfort he always gave me and always greeted me with a smile. I'm in search for him, not a new doctor. Help

July 7th, 2013

Where are you?

Best Neurologist ever! Where did you move to? I will need my continuing Botox injections to relieve my pain. Please contact to let me know where you are!!!