Dr. David Handman MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

July 21st, 2012
mis-diagnosis
Handman claimed the lump on my left side was an mematoma. The lump was lanced open approximately 6 inches and I was told it would heal from the inside out. After 2 to 3 weeks a wound care nurse red flag emailed Handman telling him there was a problem with the wound and said he would see me at my appointment with the physician assistant wound care specialists of which he failed to show. Two weeks after that another surgeon at Kaiser was summoned by the PA because she felt something was wrong and the new sugeon agreed. I was scheduled for surgery to remove the open lump that had grown bigger than a golf ball that night and had 6 1/2 inches of my side removed. Since this began other lumps formed throughout my body but was diagnosed as lipomas. Four days later I was told by phone from my urologist that I had been diagnosed with (Stage 4) non hodgkins lymphoma. I was left with an open malignant tumor for 7 weeks with at least 3 other tumors surfacing. Dr. Handman was noticed on more than one occasion that something was wrong and did nothing putting my life at risk. Handman and Kaiser provided me with a low standard of care.