Dr. David Heckler MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

March 11th, 2014
Awful experience at this office!!! I can honestly say that I have never experienced such poor professionalism from any office prior to this one. The receptionists and nurses were very polite, however I had an appt at 4pm, and waited in an EMPTY waiting room for 45 minutes while the 7 female employees discussed their weekend plans, who was bringing coffee next week, etc.... When we were finally called in, AFTER it being confirmed by 2 staff members in the office that my daughter's records had been received via fax, ANGELA, who is apparently in charge of the back staff, refused that information because the paperwork had been misplaced and insisted they were never sent. Her childlish attitude escalated into a 15 minute argument, one that I would expect from my children at home, but not a medical office staff member. She proceeded to slam papers, roll her eyes and slam doors in my face as I was requesting my medical records, but the most embarrasing thing for that office is that in the 15 minute rambling on that she did, not one doctor bothered to show face and step forward to rectify the issue. Apparently, slamming doors, yelling and throwing papers around is acceptable behavior in this office. All in all, I wasted an hour and a half of my day dealing with an unprofessional who doesn't know how to handle herself in the work environment, or deal with clientelle at an adult level. Most importantly, the clients seem to come second to everyday conversation with friends in this office, so if you need medical attention, I would go elsewhere.

March 2nd, 2014
Awful experience at this office!!! I can honestly say that I have never experienced such poor professionalism from any office prior to this one. The reception staff and nurses were very polite, however, I had a 4pm apt and waited in an EMPTY waiting room for 45 minutes while the 7 female employees discussed their weekend plans, who was bringing coffee in next week, and all their other "girl talk". When we were finally called in, AFTER it being confirmed by 2 staff members in the office that my daughters medical records were received via fax, ANGELA, who is apparently in charge of the back staff, refused that information because the paperwork had been misplaced and insisted they were never sent. Her childish attitude escalated into a 15 minute argument, one that I would expect from my children at home, but not a medical office staff member. She proceeded to slam papers down, roll her eyes and slam doors in my face as I was requesting my medical records, but the most embarrassing thing for that office is that in the 15 minute rambling on that she did, not one doctor bothered to show face and step forward to rectify the obvious issue. Apparently, slamming doors, yelling at clients, and throwing papers around the office are acceptable behaviors at this practice. All in all, I wasted an hour and half of my day dealing with an unprofessional who doesn't know how to handle herself in the work environment like an adult. Most importantly, the clients seem to come a far second to the everyday conversations with friends in this office, so if you need medical attention, I would consider going to a professional practice elsewhere.

April 22nd, 2013
Very BAD with appointments. Dont go here.
I got an appointment for my husband last last week. I made sure that they accepted the health insurance that we have. Today my husband took a day off from his very busy schedule to see the doctor and they refused to see him saying that they would not accept the insurance. My husband called the insurance company in front of them and asked them to talk to the representative and they just refused saying that they will not talk to the service provider either. Very very Weird. I will NOT recommend this practice to ANYONE. What a waste of a day. Why could they have not told me earlier that they did not accept the insurance? (We have a Very good PPO insurance)

August 4th, 2012
Terrible office staff
Rude, nasty, office staff. like I was interrupting their gossip talk. how can a good doctor keep these uncaring females. they make him look bad. i can go somewhere else.

July 20th, 2012
Dr HEckler and his staff are very busy but he still takes the time to examine you and listens to the patient.He is an excellent physician

March 14th, 2012
great doctor, cranky staff, long waits
Difficult to get early appointments. Be willing to wait for long periods of time in cramped waiting area with sick people. Doctor is really great but staff are difficult and not flexible at all. They come across as not understanding. Reception seems clueless and unaccomodating - like they would rather not have your business. Its a shame b/c he is one of the best doctors yet staff are so unprofessional.

May 9th, 2011
Good Doctor.... Bad Office
Dr. Heckler and his associates at the clinic are very good doctors who have excellent bedside manner. I prefer them to my family doctor in an emergency. However, the office staff and the office are as bad as these doctors are good. If I was unaware of how good these doctors are, the staff would have encouraged me to leave and never go back. They have been very rude to me over the phone and seem to be disorganized. I ignore this because the doctors are good and it is easier to go to a walk in clinic when I'm sick. I don't know that I'd choose him as a family doctor. They could manage the practice better. I have had appointments with the doctor before on days when it is busy. After waiting in the office, I have been given the option to make an appointment. When I return for this appointment , I have waited as much as an hour after my appointment time to see someone. Then, I have tried calling the office to make an appointment rather than wait in the lobby and have been told that there were no appointments available, but I could come in and take my chances waiting. The staff is crazy and their tone of voice over the phone is rude!

March 25th, 2010
The last comment on this office must have been by a friend because with several hospitalizations,with one of them they told me to got to er they have never checked to see how I was. The waiting time is so abnormal,unless you like to wait over an hour and sometimes 2 for your scheduled appointment and the woman that work there are very rude and have no business working with people(not all of them,but they now who they are)and now that I am tired of there office and no longer want to be treated like just another number I try to have my medical records faxed to my new doctor and they want to charge me the maximum amount of money allowed ny NYS per copy.if that is not another blow,they didnt even ask why just told me how much it would cost me

October 28th, 2009
Really cares about his patients
I love Dr. Heckler! He is always kind and courteous, spends whatever time is necessary to explain your issue and always is available for follow up questions and concerns. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

May 1st, 2016