Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jun 1st, 2015

Had some pain and discomfort took the day off of work called dr. Heligman office at 8 am was told someone would call me back. Call office again at 12:30 was told don't worry they would call. At 4:50 called and got answering service closed for the day. This tells me they didn't care enough about my pain to even call. Dr. Heligman was very good and professional wish I could say the same about his office staff

Jan 27th, 2015

My experience with Dr. Heligman was abysmal. I saw him 3 times. He was between 1 and 1 and 1/2 hours late for each appointment. He spent no more that 5 to 10 minutes with me at each appointment. He conveyed minimal information and did not solve my problem. Avoid this Doctor.

Mar 25th, 2013

Dr. Heligman is a highly qualified surgeon. His "bedside" manner, however, leaves something to be desired. He doesn't share easily or talk about inconsequential things. A warm personality he is not! But which would you rather have - a warm personality or a highly qualified surgeon? Me, I take the latter and have to put up with the rest. I wish he did not have so many "gatekeepers" which prevents me from getting the info I need.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
Feb 26th, 2013

Dr. Heligman is a great doctor. He is courteous and a great listener. He made an accurate diagnosis and I was back to skiing in no time. My knee is 200 percent better. His office staff is very pleasant as well. I've had several visits and have always had consistent great care.

by Mary Brooks on Feb 22nd, 2013

Great Doctor, knows his stuff

Beyound bad show details Beyound bad
Aug 29th, 2012

I was referred after an auto accident by the hosptial I was taken to. After sharing stories with the inhouse xray tech as he too had been hit by someone who ran a red light and telling everyone including the doctor my story they misfiled me as self pay, which has now caused major issues with my medical plan. I should also share that after arriving on time for an appointment in which this Dr. was to review the MRI's I sat an hour and a half in an uncortable little room before I opened the door to find out what was going on only to find that they had lost my chart and he never reviewed my test, just read the lab report.I would prfer to see my vet at san carlos Animal Hospitalthen return to this practice.

May 15th, 2012

his physician assistant is incompetent; disorganized office management, Dr. Heligman rushed through the appointment, it was clear he had not even review chart before entering the exam room -aloof, disinterested, and impersonal