Dr. David Herminghuysen MD, FACC, FACE Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

October 15th, 2013
Arrogant, rude staff, and incorrect diagnosis
Doctor is neither professional in his appearance, nor manner. After waiting over an hour to get into the exam room, I was run thru the normal questions by a nurse, who was kind, and professional. After waiting another 30 minutes for the doctor, he bursts into the room and, shouts, "has anybody told you your neck is huge?" Before me stood a person who looked more like he was going to a Jimmy Buffet concert than treat patients. His floral shirt was hideous. After looking at my chart, he says I need biopsies of my thyroid. Out he went. The nurse comes back in and commences to lay out needles, lots of needles. She rubs some stuff on my neck to numb it (was is not very effective). The doctor comes back in, with a student, and begins the biopsies. He goes into great detail explaining to the student every thing he is doing. He shows her the little "lights that look like stars" on the screen monitor. He says that when you see those lights it is "cancer." After 30 minutes of numerous needle inserts into my neck, he determines that I have thyroid cancer and need immediate surgery to remove the thyroid. He makes me an appointment with a surgeon. When I go to see this guy, he says that the biopsy results are non-conclusive. I may or may not have cancer. Surgery is scheduled for a total thyroidectomy. Surgery went well, and the results of the biopsies taken from the surgical removal showed NO cancer cells. I made a follow up appointment with Dr. Herminghuysen. Upon my arrival, I was met with a very rude receptionist who declared loudly, so that everyone in the waiting area could hear, "you have an old balance of $600.00 that has to be paid before you see the doctor. I explained to her that I had been only once before, and had not received a statement. She repeated that I could not see the doctor until it was paid. I told her I really didn't need to see the doctor, since I did not have the cancer he said I had, and that I had a surgery that I did not need to have, so, no, all you are going to get is what my insurance covers. I left. One man in the waiting area winked and tipped his hat to me as I walked across the waiting area to the door. Unless you want a comedy show, and a poor one at that, this doctor is not for you.

November 30th, 2012
The staff in this office are the most unprofessional and rudest I have ever been involved with. They present a very abrasive attitude towards the patients, whether on the phone or during an appointment. The wait time in the office has also been over an hour every time I had an appointment scheduled.Dr. H is also unwilling to call any patient back and always insists on a follow-up appointment instead of answering even simple questions over the phone. He cares much more about getting patient's to pay for unnecessary office visits than about the well-being of his patients.

August 22nd, 2012
Present Patient
With gratitude I thank a physician friend (who also happens to be a patient of Dr. H) for recommending that I see Dr. Herminghuysen. He did all of the necessary testing and diagnostics and is now treating me in a very professional and capable manner. I feel safe in his care. The good sense of humor is a bonus.

January 5th, 2012
Highly satisfied
Was refered to this Dr. with thyroid issues a year ago. Issues have been resolved and Im feeling great. At last visit there was a new receptionist who was exceptional. Nursing staff was friendly and explained everything to me in detail at my discharge. Doctor spent a great deal of time with me explaining things. He is not your "run of the mill" Dr, But I have been very happy and satisfied.

November 8th, 2011
what happened
I have been a pt there for a couple of years. I always hated going in because of receptionist and then one day to my surprise there was a new one !!!! She was friendly, caring and professional , not to mention beautiful smile . Well she is gone now and the old one is back ..... Y ? His new staff in the back is not so nice and I even heard her talking about the nice young lady in front . Looks like he keeps the wrong staff . And he himself is not so professional himself.

October 20th, 2011
Very good doctor, staff is rude
It's unfortunate that his staff is so terrible, because he's a really good doctor. But the staff argued with me about insurance requirements (over which I have no control), were belligerent when asked to provide copies of my own personal records, and at one point actually called me a liar about what time I had written on the sign-in sheet. Abhorrent behavior for supposedly professional staff. But once you get through the front desk, Dr. Herminghuysen is actually a very good doctor.

August 19th, 2011
Fixed me!
I had alot of Endocrine problems that others doctors could not seem to figure out. He fixed me and I am feeling much better!!I have referred family and freinds to him, and they have had no problems.

May 17th, 2011
Worst
This doctor is arrogant. He did not want to hear anything that I had to say. He is so superior to me that I have no logical or pertinent input. He walked in the room and gave his thoughts and walked out. He would walk out while I was speaking to him about things I thought were important.

May 16th, 2011
Highly Recommend!
If you are looking for a doctor who does not rush you in and out, who takes time to explain what he is doing, and why, and has a wonderful sense of humor, then this is the doctor for you!

March 16th, 2011
DON'T waste your time & money here
This doctor has superiority and ego issues which would be more palatable if he could actually make an accurate diagnosis and successfully treat a medical issue. I could give you the horrid details, but trust me, just move on and go elsewhere.

March 10th, 2011
disgusted (former) patient
If this is the doctor you want help dealing with an endocrinology problem, better go elsewhere. He is a very arrogent, opinionated uncaring doctor. Makes medical observations without showing any medical facts. Refused to do blood work (TSH, T-3, T-4, free T-3) and relied on blood work (incomplete from a PAC) Never answered any relevaent questions, left the exam room, never came back, leaving no diagnosis, no answers to my problems. I WILL NOT GO BACK TO HIM FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER.

October 6th, 2010
EXTREMELY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL RECEPTIONIST
The receptionist is extremely rude. I was warned by a coworker who also used to see Dr. Herminghuysen, and I believed she was exaggerating, but one visit proved me wrong. I've never come in contact with someone in a physician's office so uncaring and extremely unprofessional. It's obvious she hates her job, and she makes sure everyone in the waiting area knows it. I know how stressful it can be dealing with the public as I have done so for many years, but she is rude to the point of being cruel, even to the nicest people. It's stressful enough dealing with diabetes on a daily basis, and no patient should have to endure that kind of treatment. Everyone else in the office is very pleasant and professional. The receptionist needs to find another job, one where she has no contact with others. She is damaging the reputation of an otherwise nice group of people.