Gynecologic Oncology
100 E Lancaster Ave
Ste 661
Wynnewood, PA 19096
610-649-8085
Locations and availability (5)

2.5

|  Huge let down  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2014

Gives up easy. Poor communication. Acts like he is to busy to stop and talk. Mislead my family for 2 months saying we have hope then behind our backs saying there is no hope. Doesnt try to prolong life.

|  First-rate medical specialist  |  show details
by Marion P. on Apr 4th, 2014

Dr. Holtz has treated me for metastatic ovarian cancer-- performed debulking surgery, collaborated on post surgical chemotherapy, and provides ongoing follow up. His expertise is outstanding, as are his empathy and communication skills with patients and family members. We feel fortunate to be under his care. Support staff and professional colleagues clearly hold Dr. Holtz in high regard as well.

|  2 weeks after surgery  |  show details
by C. Baxter on Feb 17th, 2014

He is an excellent physician and takes time to explain things and answer questions. I would highly recommend him.

by A very disillusioned and dissatisfied patient on Jan 8th, 2014

After my initial visit with him I felt humiliated disrespected and degraded. His manner is arrogant and abrupt. He lacks a genuine caring and compassion for the patient and family members. He is argumentative and confrontational. He uses scare tactics to intimidate and manipulate patients in their most vulnerable state. His total dimeanour is highly unprofessional and disgraceful. There isn't a rating low enough for me to choose.

|  Thank you Dr. Holtz  |  show details
by Nancy Q on Sep 27th, 2013

How do I say thank you to the man who saved my life?? Dec 14th 2006 was the worst day of my life when I was diagnosed with stage 3C ovarian cancer. Dr. Holtz expertly removed all of my cancer cells and then administered 6 rounds of IV and IP Cystplat and Taxol. He explained everything to me every step of the way. He was so kind and compassionate, even staying by my side during one of my treatments when I became toxic until he was sure I was ok. He has always answered my questions and been completely honest with me. I am a nurse and I have worked with physicians for 38 years. I know a good doctor and a good man after all these years and Dr. Holtz is one in the same.

|  PhD  |  show details
by Tanya B. on Jun 12th, 2013

Two year since my surgery, I am free of pain and fear. Dr. Holtz is the best in his profession. I trusted him, and feel very fortunate that my gynecologist, Dr. Nakisbendi, recommended him. Just happen to read other reviews and decided to share my experiences. I believe that if there is a way to cure you, Dr. Holtz will find it. He is very well respected in his field, active in research, and conducts an honest practice. He is prompt, clear in his explanations and very professional. The most important - he is proactive and cares for your welfare. I would recommend Dr. Holtz to anyone who is looking for an intelligent specialist.

|  Outstanding Doctor  |  show details
by Dr. Janice Hartwig on Apr 17th, 2013

I feel blessed that my ob/gyn recommended Dr. Holtz. I had gone to three doctors who assured me that the ultrasound indicated fibrous tissue and nothing else. Dr. Holtz identified stage 1 uterine cancer. He met with my husband and me to thoroughly explain the procedure. His detailed explanation inspired confidence in his ability. Before surgery I had to have consent from other physicians to ascertain that there would be no complications, such as cardiologist, pulmonologist, etc. He went the extra mile to actually call the doctors and make the appointments for me. He was able to have all further testing scheduled more quickly than if I had tried to do it myself. After the successful surgery he spoke with my family and was patient and thorough in answering their questions. He visited me in the hospital every day and sometimes twice a day. I had simultaneous surgeries done and Dr. Holtz communicated with the other surgeon on a regular basis and relayed their discussions to me. The mastery of his profession is quite evident. He is very serious when discussing the disease and he is very caring in answering all questions. Therefore, it is without reservation that I recommend this dedicated professional to others.

|  Moody  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2012

Dr.Holtz is very hot and cold. I would not recommend him to family members or friends. Fortunately I don't have to see Dr.Holtz too often, I went to his partner Dr.Dunton and he is a tool, very condescending. I'm in the process of looking for a new Dr, hopefully I find a Dr with a more stable personality.

|  Great doc  |  show details
May 29th, 2012

My choice of doctor was based upon hospital affiliation and when I met doctor Holtz he was pleasantly kind and compassionate and I felt comfortable immediately. He was easy to talk to and knowledgable . My surgery was successful and I feel great.

|  MY BELOVED WIFE  |  show details
May 21st, 2012

IT TOOK 8 EMERGENCY ROOM VISITES WITH HIM AND HIS STAFF THAT CANCER HAD REOCCURED FROM MY WIFES OVARY WHICH WAS REMOVED BY HIM THAT SPREAD TO HER LIVER. HE MAY HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO SAVE HER LIFE BUT COULD HAVE PROLONGED IT. IN WHICH SHE HAD PASSED 2 YEARS AFTER SHE WAS DIAGNOSED LEAVING BEHIND ME AND 2 YEAR OLD SON.

Doctor's Response

I feel for the suffering of the families touched by ovarian cancer, as my family was. This patient was seen in the ER and by me, and despite multiple CT scans the reoccurance was not picked up until very advanced.

Mar 6th, 2012

Dr. Holtz is a great doctor, very smart.Totally trust his diagnosis and care.Very happy I was referred to him

|  Very manipulative and uncaring  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2012

Dr. Holtz has very uncaring attitude towards his patient. He is very uncompassionate and does not want to answer any questions. He always make you feel rushed. He is also a very manipulative person.

Doctor's Response

I strive to give patients ample time to ask and answer questions while respecting the time of other patients who are waiting. My staff and I are proud of a typical wait time of less than 5 mintues.

|  Would not recommend Dr.Holtz  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2012

Dr.Holtz is not very compassionate, he does not spend enough time answering questions and he is arrogant. I definitely would never recommend this doctor. Do not make an appointment with Dr.Holtz.

|  Doesnt spend enough time answering questions  |  show details
Dec 17th, 2011

Dr.Holtz needs to spend more time answering patient questions, he made me feel very rushed. I feel as if Dr.Holtz doesn't want to spend the extra time to answer questions.

Doctor's Response

I am always happy to schedule patients with greater time needs for longer appointments, just inform the schedulers when you call

|  Nice Doctor  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2011

Dr. Holtz is extremely intelligent, his bed side manner could use some improvement but overall I really like him. I have recommended Dr.Holtz to other women.

Aug 21st, 2011

rude

Jun 26th, 2011

I was send by my doctor to him. When I called to his office to make an appointment, they did not tell me that he is not accepting new patients. In fact all the websites about this doctor say that he is accepting new patients. I went for my appointment, waited for half an hour to see him. Nurse took the vitals, asked some history and then i was sent to exam room. Dr. Holtz came, he was very rude and offensive, I don't even know what offended him. His comments were so humiliating, I was completely speechless and did not know what to say in return. I never felt so humiliated and insulted all my life. He did not ask me a single question, nor he examined me. He left the room after making all the offensive comments. But before leaving the room he asked me if I have any questions. I wanted to ask him, why his office made the appointment if he did not want to see me as a patient? or what is the selection criteria for his patients? or why he refused to see me as a patient? or even if there is a selection criteria, why he cant say that in a nice way? or why he humiliated me and insulted me? but I was not able to ask a single question.I cannot even tell how I felt about this appointment and meeting this doctor. I cried over this humiliation and all the hurtful comments for days.I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

Doctor's Response

Some confusion may have occured, as I recently closed an office in Paoli Hospital. I am open to new patients, but consultation are now all done in Lankenau Medical Center. All new patients sit with me in my office where we review their medical histories together. There is always time for questions. Occasionally, consultations are requested by referring doctors which I feel may have been unnecessary. In any event, please accept my appologies.

|  Thank you, Dr. Holtz (great Doctor)  |  show details
May 5th, 2011

Was sent to Dr. Holtz by my Ob/Gyn.Went there worried sick and left calm and reassured. Dr. Holtz was friendly, helpful and calmed my worries to a bare minimum. The surgery went great and recovery seemed almost too easy.(what a great surgeon) He kept my husband informed, checked on me a little after the surgery and twice the next day before I left the hospital. Phone calls to his office were answered quickly and he even called to check on my progress. Really, this could not have gone better. Thank you, Dr. Holtz!

|  Uncaring. Pay heed to reviewer who wrote: "insulting and.. offensive"  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2011

I was an in-patient; my surgeon sent him to see me. His visit left my heart pounding so hard I later had my heart tested, even though I had no history of heart trouble-it's fine. Pay attention to the reviewer who wrote:"To say he was impersonal doesnt even do it justice. I cant even begin to recount the offensive comments that left me speechless..."

Doctor's Response

I am terribly sorry to hear that you had this experience. I would welcome the chance to respond to these comments in person if you feel that you could contact me by phone or in person.

|  Cancer-free now  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2011

Have to completely disagree with the people who had problems. Clearly some people just can't be pleased with anything. It's not typical to find surgeons show a lot of personality with their patients, which is understandable for that high stress position. Dr. Holtz wasn't one of those of physicians. He was very nice, friendly and forthright in his explanation of the procedure. He spent time with my family so they understood everything and he happily answered all questions. The entire experience went very well and I would highly recommend Dr. Holtz to anyone in a similar situation.

|  Terri Gray  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2010

I had a laparascopic hysterectomy and I never felt better.Dr . Holtz is amazing and I wish I would have had it done years ago.

|  Poor Follow Up With This physician at Paoli Hospital  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2010

This physician was fully aware that I had a transvaginal ultrasound just 1/2 before my visit with him. The reason for the visit in the first place was because I was positive for BRAC 2 and considering Dr. Holtz to take my ovaries out as recommended by my oncologist Dr. Micheal Dabrow. No coordination with these doctors at Paoli Hospital at all. Do you believe Dr. Holtz sent me a letter the end of August and was still looking for the transvaginal ultrasound from June 1st. Give me a break!Stay away.

|  Insulting and downright offensive  |  show details
Sep 8th, 2010

Went to see the dr on recommendations of other drs to do a laparoscopic procedure to dx a possible problem. Before he even examined me he basically called me a hypochondriac and told me that I just have low pain tolerance. To say he was impersonal doesnt even do it justice. I cant even begin to recount the offensive comments that left me speechless. I hope that his patients that are suffering w their diseases, find comfort and understanding elsewhere. He may be a brilliant man, but personal skills are majorly lacking.

Doctor's Response

I do my best not to insult patients, and this may have been a misunderstanding. I do not think that most patients with pelvic pain benefit from surgery, an opinion that is supported by multiple studies. Unforunately, patients with pain are looking for any help with their distress and do not want to hear that I do not like subjecting them to the risks of surgery.

|  Great experience  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2010

I was very nervous about having a hysterectomy and I am a patient that needs to connect to her physicians. I didnt initially connect with Dr. Holtz but my referring doctor told me that he was really good,so I stayed with him. It ended up being a very good experience and he did a fabulous job. Dr. Holtz isnt as personable as I normally like in a doctor, but his skills, by far, made up for that.

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
May 10th, 2010

Overall great surgery, and he is praised by other doctors in the hospitals he works in. However, I feel more follow up is needed however for more serious surgeries, as mine was.

Doctor's Response

I would have to know the particular surgery. Patients are alway welcome to be seen more, but generally only 1-2 post operative visits are needed for most surgeries.

Mar 2nd, 2010

Dr. Holtz is has been treating me for several years. He welcomes questions and is willing to spend extra time when asked.

Aug 19th, 2009

arrogant

Doctor's Response

I have only just discovered the website, so I apologize for the delay. Without knowing the details of our interaction, I also apologize for any arrogance. The need to give bad news and get through a lot of information prior to making important life decisions does sometimes force the doctor patient relationship faster than may be ideal. I'll stive to take your comment and do better.