Dr. David Holtz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 27th, 2016
Dr Holtz is a smart intelligent doctor
Dr Holtz gave my life back I'm living a life now with out pain and that's great thanks doctor Holtz

October 27th, 2016
Dr Holtz is a smart intelligent man
Dr Holtz I can't thank you enough for giving my life back again living with out pain every day is wonderful and not being so tired any more is wonderful God Bless You

October 26th, 2016
Dr Holtz is my Angel
thanks doctor Holtz for saving my life I pray that God continues to bless you and your team for the good work you do saving women life from Gladys Rigby

September 4th, 2016
Not conscientious
I went to see dr Holtz on the recommendation of my obgyn. I had a cyst on my ovary and an enlarged ovary. Dr Holtz felt that he did not need to perform my surgery, even though I asked him to do do. He said my cancer risk was low. I had a laporoscopy by my obgyn and ended up having a Granulosa cell tumor. I am 62 years old and because of my age my cancer risk increases. I was not staged and may now have to have another surgery for staging. I wish he had listened to me and performed the operation , I did detect a certain level of arrogance I am seeing a Dr at university of Penn Abramson center who took blood and is having me return in two months.Dr Holtz said cone back in six and did not take blood. He did give me a list of symptoms to look for and said I was very welcome to call him with any concerns.

August 10th, 2016
I feel so lucky to have had Dr. Holtz as my doctor. He was kind, technically skilled and incredibly knowledgeable. I couldn't have chosen a better surgeon.

April 2nd, 2016
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
I spent over year as Dr. Holtz patient. The experience was a combination of the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. The Good-he is a very good surgeon. The Bad-he does very little teaching. when shown the extent of my disease on the computer, I was then told the possible extent of the surgery. Overwhelmed I refused one possibility. The consequences of not doing it was not explained to me. Later in my care, when asking questions, Dr. Holtz told me "to do my homework". The Ugly-he could be arrogant and condescending. One time he was overheard by myself and the person with me say to his resident outside the exam room door," this is going to be quick". He did apologize later.

February 9th, 2016
My Lucky Day
My Internist wanted me to get a 2nd opinion on my ovarian cysts. Before I even had a chance to sit down, my trepidation turned into mass relief as the doctor immediately said that he had already perused my charts and I was absolutely fine! So impressed was I with him, his self-assuredness and no-nonsense approach, that even before the actual exam took place I immediately begged him to take me on as a patient of his when needed. Lucky am I to have found him and his able and knowledgeable assistant, Colleen. Highly recommended.

December 16th, 2015
The best Gynocological Oncologist in south eastern Pa!
How can you ever say thank you to a man who has given you your life back. Dr. David Holtz treated me with kindness, compassion and excellent clinical skills using the newest and latest technology. He and God are the reasons I survived Stage 3C ovarian cancer. I felt safe with Dr. Holtz in charge of my care and I always had confidence in him to cure me. Today I celebrate 9 years in remission. Thank you DOH!!!

August 15th, 2015
I think Dr. Holtz is great. It was a little rough in the beginning because I was in denial, but Dr. Holtz put up with me and called often to make sure I was going for my treatments. I continue to see him for follow-up exams and feel more comfortable around him.I would highly recommend Dr. Holtz to family and friends. Thank You Dr. Holtz for everything you have done and continue to do for me.

January 26th, 2015
DR HOLTZ OPERATED ON ME EXACTLY FIVE YEARS AGO YESTERDAY FOR CERVICAL CANCER ....I ONLY WISH THAT PERSONS WHO HAVE A DIAGNOSIS OF CANCER WOULD BE AS FORTUNATE AS I WAS TO HAVE THIS EXCEPTIONAL DOCTOR. HE MADE ME FEEL COMFORTED AND SAFE AT THE SAME TIME. I HAVE TO MENTION AT THIS TIME THAT EVEN THOUGH IT IS COMFORTING TO HAVE A DOCTOR WITH A "SUPER" PERSONALITY OR BED SIDE MANOR, MY FIRST REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE HIS CREDENTIALS AS A PHYSICIAN. DR HOLTZ IS A VERY ACCOMPLISHED INDIVIDUAL. BELIEVE ME I DID MY HOMEWORK BEFORE I MADE AN APPOINTMENT. I CANNOT SPEAK HIGHLY ENOUGH OF DR HOLTZ. RECENTLY I HAD A SMALL PROBLEM FROM RADIATION AND WHO WAS THERE (pmh) TO SEE ME DAILY? I THINK YOU KNOW MY ANSWER..DR HOLTZ!!!

September 30th, 2014
Patient
Dr. Holtz was my Surgeon. I was able to get an appointment quickly. The office staff is organized, friendly and helpful. I did not have a long waiting period to see Dr. Holtz. Dr. Holtz was friendly with a good bedside manner. He answered my questions and took all the time I needed. He was honest and straight forward, but with sensitivity. After my surgery, Dr. Holtz came in to meet with me and my husband. I was released the next day and I didn't have to wait all day for Dr. Holtz to make his rounds, he was in my room in the early morning hours. I was home by 10:30 AM. A few days later, Dr. Holtz called me to see how I was doing. It wasn't his nurse calling me, it was him. I appreciate that. I would recommend Dr. Holtz for any OB/GYN concerns. He has a respect for women that is much appreciated.

July 15th, 2014
Huge let down
Gives up easy. Poor communication. Acts like he is to busy to stop and talk. Mislead my family for 2 months saying we have hope then behind our backs saying there is no hope. Doesnt try to prolong life.