Dr. David Hominick MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 22nd, 2017
Unprofessional, possibly sexist
Went to this doctor for bronchitis. He prescribed me a 10 day course of antibiotics which had zero effect on my bronchitis, but did give me diarrhea and a yeast infection. When I asked for him to fill out FMLA paperwork for my bronchial illness, he spoke to me as if I were trying to defraud him. He apparently felt I was cheating by trying to take FMLA for bronchitis. I work for a call center, and during the roughest part of my illness I found myself unable to take calls which is the reason I asked for FMLA: My company's insurance provider accepted my claim based on the diagnosis alone. The doctor is apparently under the delusion that 1) his adult patients' decision-making should be vetted by him before they dare to make them 2) He is an expert in all career fields that assures that he will always know whether someone is capable of doing a job or not, regardless of whether he has ever performed that job himself. 3) All human bodies react exactly the same to all illnesses, so if he has bronchitis and doesn't feel very bad, then no one else could possibly ever feel worse than him in that situation or have additional symptoms that he doesn't have. I suspect part of his issue was that I am a woman who he believes should be staying home and raising children instead of going to work. Since I am the sole bread-winner in my family because my husband is disabled, this is a misguided judgement at best. Had the insurance company not seen the obvious justice in my claim, I could have been fired for Dr. Hominick's refusal to fill out paperwork. I'm appalled to think of who Dr. Hominick has gleefully gotten fired in the past because they didn't get his permission to take off from work when they were fully aware, as professional adults, that they were unable to perform their jobs. I think this situation would have been better if Dr. Hominick had a modicum of customer service ability - there are ways to give your customers bad news without treating them like thieves, even if your underlying suspicion is that they are trying to commit fraud (as Dr. Hominick made clear he thought of me, when he spoke to me). The fact that Dr. Hominick was completely unable to act in any other way than as someone who believes that he is the god over his patients makes it clear to me that he either needs extensive retraining in customer service, or he needs to retire or switch to lab work.

April 12th, 2016