A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Houlihan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Houlihan, Psychiatrist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Houlihan
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Houlihan Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Houlihan, MD is board certified in Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Houlihan graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City.
Dr. Houlihan has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Tomah
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David John Houlihan MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 22 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine.
- Where does Dr. David J. Houlihan practice?
- Dr. David Houlihan has 1 office location.
Dr. David Houlihan practices Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine near La Crosse, WI.
See La Crosse Psychiatrists.