Dr. David Cohen MD Patient Reviews

• Interventional Cardiology Torrance, CA

• Good
  • Bad

May 6th, 2015
I got Dr Cohen while in ER, did not choose him. Rude, does not listen. After he put in a stint, first appointment he obsessed about a white cat hair on the back of my shirt. Other times wanted to know who put me on a certain medication... when I told him he put me on it.. his response "My Bad". One time telling me my blood pressure sky high, run a BP tape for a week & bring to next appointment in a week. Did this & tried to hand tape to him, would not take it and simply stated "I don't need that, your BP is fine". Another apt he asked what kind of stint he put in me (he had my file in front of him), I told him I don't know....he told me I do not need to take Plavix anymore, to stop, this was 2-3 weeks after my heart attack. I soon asked someone else if they could refer me to a different Dr as his behavior was erratic and did not trust to handle my heart or needs. Unfortunately, I got referred to the same office to Dr Shin who I would rate the same as Dr Cohen, just as bad. On my 2nd heart attack Dr Shin exclaimed, that why you had that heart attack, because YOU stopped taking Plavix. I corrected her that Dr Cohen took me off the Plavix and have the medical record showing he did. A month later see a different Dr/Office that Dr on call Shin for something came back in and mention me stopping Plavix which came from Shin covering for Dr Cohen. I will never see another Dr in that office/group as the attitude seems to run the same between Dr. They forget that we are the client (paying client for service) not the insure company..... I pay the insurance premium and copays etc, not the insurance co. and you can give me advice but I make the ultimate decisions. I do not pay you to treat me badly.

March 27th, 2013
Front Office Rude-Doctor Not Considerate of Your Concerns
I have only seen this doctor twice because my regular cardiologist had retired. The first vist was a "I'm a great doctor and I will look out for your well being". My second visit I found his front office staff to be rude, abrubt and very uncaring. I was scheduled as his last appointment for the day and he was in a hurry. Pretty much demanded what I had to do for my heart condition and blood pressure and was not willing to sit and answer my questions and concerns about new medication he wanted to put me on. I am not impressed. His bed side manner stinks. I am meeting with my family doctor today to see if I can find a more suitable cardiologist that is patient friendly and caring.

January 9th, 2011
Rude and uncaring.
Dr. Cohen was on call one weekend for my regular Dr. I was having some problems so I had to put a call into him. He had to be paged twice and when he did call back he was so rude to me on the phone.I have never been treated like that by a Dr. He was so put out that he had to talk to me. I realize that he was busy, but he actually yelled at me at one point. He needs to work on his bedside manner.

June 28th, 2017