Dr. David Kurtz MD Patient Reviews

November 25th, 2015
He's awesome!

August 30th, 2015
RN
Dr kurtz was very personable. Discussed and reviewed my surgery prior to going into OR

May 13th, 2014
Don't let him touch you.
I wish I had listened to the previous reviewer who mentioned Dr. Kurtz performing inappropriate banding procedures. First, he placed the band in the wrong location, causing the most excruciating pain of my life (I literally had to beg him, while sobbing in pain, for narcotics to ease the terrible pain from his mistake). Not only did the procedure not help my condition, it worsened very quickly, and I had to have another surgeon repair the damage that this doctor did. My new surgeon was wonderful (I don't know if we can name other doctors, but trust me on this - go to Cleveland Clinic instead), and he said that it was absolutely wrong for Dr. Kurtz to have banded me at all, let alone as close to the papilla as he did. Please, don't let this man operate on you.

July 15th, 2013
I do not recommend anyone to this Doctor...he's very unprofessional and does not care about patients. He didn't have the decency to meet with family members or provide the necessary follow-up care. Please stay away from this insensitive excuse for a human.

July 9th, 2013
Colo rectal cancer
Dr. Kurtz operated on me for rectal cancer in 2013. He was well informed & straight forward about his recommended course of treatment. I liked him very much.

June 9th, 2013
Rude and unprofessional - no bedside manner, wrong diagnosis - jumped to conclusion that I needed surgery when I didn't. During exam, hurt me badly causing urinary bleeding for several weeks. Having bleeding now and need to go to emergency room. Do not use this doctor!

November 13th, 2012
Laparoscopic Gallbladder removal F53
Stayed overnight at gsmc, no complications little discomfort where the tiny incisions were was able to eat what ever within 24hr no restrictions. Dr Kurtz is a supper guy , excellent 100%,highy recommend !

May 21st, 2012
Dr. Kurtz is excellent and saved my fathers. Life from the Flesh eating bacteria when he had been misdiagnosed . EVeryone had given up And said there's was nothing else that could be done. Even Dr. Kurtz After trying everything medically did not know wha t else to do.He medical training told him he had exhausted all his efforts. But his spirit and tenaciousness tenaciousness. Would not let him quit . You cannot teach That in. Medical school . I. Would have him work on me anytime because he is always going to think outside of the box And go against the odds. His will is amazing! That I would have him anyway to work on me

November 24th, 2011
I had a rubber band procedure when I shouldnt have, I had surgery and am now worse than before surgery.His staff told me to meet him at the hospital @ 12:00 he showed up @ 5:20 p.m., wanting to push pain pills not fix the problem. None of the other doctors I've seen inclusing my PCP thinks this sounds professional or common. I need a 2nd opinion

April 24th, 2011
very nice,and professionalism of every one,great doctor and office staff

August 2nd, 2010
Dr. Kurtz is an amazing surgeon. He is very thorough, compationate, personable, humble, attentive, and a delight to meet. I would highly recommend him.