A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Cohen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Cohen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Cohen, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Disease (Glomerulonephritis)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
Education & Awards
Dr. Cohen graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Cohen has 29 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- St. Luke's Cornwall Hosptal- Cornwall Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Cohen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Health Plus - 3 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Healthfirst - 9 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 13 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David J. Cohen practice?
Dr. David Cohen practices Internal Medicine, Nephrology, Nuclear Medicine, Radiology, Diagnostic Radiology, and Vascular & Interventional Radiology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Wappingers Falls, NY and Poughkeepsie, NY.
See New York Internists, New York Nephrologists, New York Nuclear Medicine Physicians, and New York Radiologists.