Surgeons
17021 Yorba Linda Blvd
Ste 100
Yorba Linda, CA 92886
714-996-6440
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  show details
by David Downs on Oct 26th, 2013

I met Dr. David Downs back in the summer of 2011. He seem friendly and caring enough. After a couple appointments, it was determined that my left shoulder for the third time needed to be operated on. I agreed to the surgery. The surgery had to scheduled twice, because the first scheduled appointment for the surgery had to be cancelled due to an emergency I had with a medical condition I have been living with at the time for nearly 22 years caused me a major problem, which culminating having to cancel the surgery. So the surgery was rescheduled for Wednesday, August 17, 2011. At the time I thought the surgery went well. However, I would say within a week after the surgery, I was having issues with the shoulder, which to this day has not healed. I am still in pain, since that surgery. My shoulder has pain shooting in and out and around shoulder. I am unable to no longer lift my arm. I have constant pain, even at rest, in the shoulder, the upper arm and elbow and this is become progressively worse over the last twenty-six months. I am now having to find another orthopedic surgeon to see what can be done to alleviate the pain and to be able to perform simple activities with the arm and shoulder. So for me Dr. Downs was not a very good surgeon, because my shoulder is much worse since August 17, 2011, than if I had not had the surgery. So as far as, my rating for Dr. Downs I would give him a one star.

|  Great surgeon!  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2011

I had had shoulder discomfort for three years from a golf injury. I had tried different modalities of treatment, such as injections, meds, and PT. Dr. Downs finally suggested an operation to repair the supraspinatus tendon tear in my rotator cuff. Dr. Downs told me the recovery would take several weeks. However, when he went in, he reduced the surgery to a subacromial decompression and just scraped away all the scar tissue and shaved the bone instead of repairing the tear--a much easier surgery with minimal down time. The recovery is going SO well. I am in so little discomfort now. He is amazing, and I really appreciate his professionalism, expertise, and knowledge. The only thing I might say that's not so good is that he was not as warm and personable as he could've been.