Dr. David Engel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 17th, 2016
No Return Calls
Marginal, rushed appointment was given with seeming irritation as questions were asked. Absolutely no return phone calls when important issues came up -- including an apparent AFib or tacardic episode last year. There needs to be a much higher regard for patients--and consideration for us as human beings.

December 27th, 2015
Dr, David Engel is a fine cardiologist. Always interested in patients health and well being. I am lucky to have him as my doctor.

May 6th, 2015
complete trust
Dr Engel was my husband's doctor at a difficult time of his illness,with the help and knowledge of Dr engel he found comfort and understanding.Dr Engel is now my Dr,I trust him and respect his diagnosis completely,grateful for his compassion

April 13th, 2015
Highest Recommendation
My late mother was fortunate to be recommended several excellent specialists, in several fields, but held Dr. Engel in especially high regard on all dimensions: technical knowledge, being a good listener, patience, ability and willingness to explain things clearly to the layperson, courtesy and regard for patients as people, accessibility and follow-up. Office appointments (she saw him in midtown) were 20-30 minutes long, to allow for thoroughness. The efficient lab at Columbia Doctors Midtown, with short waits and courteous staff, was another big plus. From my experiences accompanying my mother to appointments and speaking to Dr. Engel on the phone about his findings and recommendations, I concur in all regards regarding his excellence. So does a family friend who also accompanied her into consultations. The best of the best, indeed.

March 23rd, 2015
The Best of the Best
Dr. Engel is a truly excellent doctor in every way. Very knowledgeable, very caring, and very professional.

December 27th, 2014
Great doctor!
An excellent doctor. Great diagnostician, excellent judgment, extremely thorough, conscientious and courteous. Highly recommended.

December 18th, 2014
Outstanding Physician and Person
An outstanding cardiologist: diagnosis, treatment, and friendliness. In addition, he was truly interested and gave me advice on my non-cardiac medical problems and concerns,. He personally telephoned me one day after seeing him, to give me the results of my lab tests (cardiac and non-cardiac).

May 17th, 2012
Excellent Personal Care
Very thorough examination. Takes time to explain the diagnosis, treatment and prognosis in a clear way. Dr. Engel does not rush you in and out. Cares for his patients he is someone who can be trusted.

September 22nd, 2010
Dr. Engle is a credit to his profession.

September 7th, 2010
A Life-Saver
Dr. Engel literally saved my life. He told me that I needed a stress test after I described my symptoms. He gave me the test and as a result I found out that I needed cardiac-by-pass surgery-, which I had done. He saved me from having a fatal heart attack.Dr. Engel is an intelligent caring physician- attributes not too common today.

July 2nd, 2010
David Engel is EXCELLENT
The absolute very best doctor I have ever had. He spends time, is extremely intelligent, and organizationally he's great. He explains things with care and concern but with professionalism.I absolutely love him.