Dr. David Hernandez MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Tampa, FL

July 1st, 2015
Love this Doctor!
Impressed with the skill and bedside manner of this doctor. Would Highly recommend him to anyone with urology needs.

September 1st, 2014
Blood Poisoning
My husband had a biopsy done USF medical center by Dr. Hernandez. The next day began to run a fever was hospitalized with staph. infection in his blood. He has to have IV. antibiotics for a month. If you have a loved one going for a consult for biopsy please go along so you understand the risks and can check out the cleanliness and protocols of the facilities.

September 16th, 2013
While I was very impressed with the level of professionalism of Dr. Hernandez, some of his staff need to be trained on the importance of disseminating accurate information. I'm very disappointed with some of his staff.

June 3rd, 2013
Dr. Hernandez was a cold stone to me. I had a kidney stone which had already passed, unbeknownst to me or Dr. Hernandez. He went ahead with a procedure anyway, which has resulted in ongoing kidney pain. He didn't need to do the procedure (ureteroscopy). I don't blame him for that, but the pain is persisting which was not there before the procedure. Also, I never saw him the day of the procedure. He arrived after I was under anesthesia and was gone before I woke up. No one from TGH or Dr. Hernandez office ever called me to check on me, ask if the stent they left in me had been removed (I did it myself at home because I read it should be pulled out--no directions on this given). They never called to ask if I am still alive or if the stent was out or not. And they never called me to let me know what kind of kidney stone I have. Won't be seeing Dr. Hernandez ever again. My advice...go to someone else.

August 21st, 2011
Ideal doctor
The ultimate results of my long and challenging surgery for a large and rare variety of pelvic tumor are still somewhat unknown, but so far look very good, and Dr. Hernandez has impressed me with both his surgical skills and his ability to communicate in a human but straightforward manner. He and the doctors he tesches and works with make a great team, and I feel I have been in consistently good and attentive hands, starting in pre=surgery, and also during the weeks of recovery afterward (still ongoing), as well as during the nine-hour procedure itself. I'm still baffled as to how a 10-inch abdominal incision could hurt so very little and heal so quickly and neatly.

September 22nd, 2010
Supportive in persuing non-invasive avenues
I got a PSA from a GP who sent me to a urologist. THe urologist got a biopsy, said I had cancer and needed to treat it right away or else. To do nothing "was playing with fire". Dr. Hernandez was my second opinion, while he recommended treatment he agreed to run additional analysis and concluded that an active surveliance protocal was acceptable. While I may very well need aggresive treatment in the future, it is clear to me that Dr. Hernandez has my best interests at heart. His attitude and support mean soooo much to me. I can continue my life as is and have him watch my back....