Dr. David Roberts Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Roberts?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 25th, 2015

Dr. Roberts was wonderful, until I had a pregnancy at 35. He made me feel like I had a disease or something. I felt like I was doing a bad thing, and he was constantly telling me of all these horrible risks. If something is wrong with your baby Dr. Roberts would probably find it quicker and treat it better than any Dr. in the area so it may be worth listening to the negativity if your over 35 just to have a healthy and safe pregnancy. I couldn't take it and switched over to the other Dr. in the practice.

August 10th, 2013

"nurse" Stephanie

Dr. Roberts is wonderful. His nurse Melanie is great too. However, the "nurse" that you get to speak with if you call into the office could not be any more rude, unprofessional, or down right hateful. Because of her, after Dr. Roberts delivered my three girls, I had to go elsewhere.

July 26th, 2013

Not VBAC Friendly

I was a patient at Carilion Clinic OBGYN for 35 weeks of my pregnancy. During my first appointment with Dr. David Roberts we discussed my plans to have a VBAC (Vaginal birth after cesarean) and he agreed. I chose this practice based on the acceptance of wanting to VBAC. Everything was fine and I had discussed my VBAC at length with the other members of the practice and no issues were ever mentioned. At about 32 weeks Dr. Roberts informed me that I would not be "allowed" to vbac and the only reason he could give me was because my BMI was high (please note that I gained less than 10lbs during my entire pregnancy and my BMI had not changed at all since he agreed to the VBAC at the first appointment). Less than 1 month before my due date I get a call from Dr. Roberts telling me that he transferred my care to a different provider over an hour away and that I would not be allowed to deliver at the hospital in the town where I live unless I consented to a c section. When I inquired about what I could expect in the event that I had no choice but to go to the hospital in my town because it was closest to my home he told me that he would get a court order to force me to have a c section if I did not sign the consent. Dr. Roberts is not a VBAC friendly provider. He pulled a bait and switch on me and went as far a threatened to have the courts force me into a c section that is not medically necessary. Sadly the other providers are not truly VBAC friendly as well because the are not capable of making their own decisions and just play follow the leader. I do not recommend this practice to anyone but especially anyone hoping for a VBAC.

August 6th, 2010

Dr. Roberts is great but the office staff is horrible. If you can ever get them to answer the phone they act like you are bothering them, and forget about polite. When I was pregnant with my first child the office was wonderful, you could not ask for a nicer place now I am pregnant again and we are seriously considering changing doctors in the middle of the pregnancy just because of the office staff!

January 15th, 2009

I highly reccomend Dr. Roberts!

Dr. Roberts is excellent. He was very patient and honored my birth plan during my labor. He let me go over my due date instead of trying to induce me early and he delivered my happy and healthy baby girl naturally. He put in an IUD at my 6 week checkup.

May 31st, 2016