A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Smith is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Smith
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Smith Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Smith, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Disorders
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from University of Chicago. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Smith has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Little Company Of Mary Hospital
- Ingalls Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David Joseph Smith MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 38 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. David J. Smith practice?
- Dr. David Smith has 1 office location.
Dr. David Smith practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Oak Lawn, IL.
See Oak Lawn Surgeons.