A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Wood:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Wood is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Wood
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Wood Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Wood graduated from University Of Manitoba Faculty Of Medicine, Winnipeg. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Wood has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Potomac Hospital
- Inova Mt Vernon Hospital, Alexandria, Va
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David John Wood MD is a male Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, has 46 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. David J. Wood practice?
- Dr. David Wood has 3 office locations.
Dr. David Wood practices Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry near Springfield, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Stafford, VA.
See Springfield Psychiatrists.