inactive

• Good
  • Bad

March 3rd, 2014
For Jessica
20 years ago I saw Dr. Wood for about a year. He was astute in diagnosis, always listened to me, and helped me get back on track in life and in health. He was very kind. I was sorry to read of his passing and send my condolences to his daughter and the rest of his family.

August 5th, 2011
The community Needs Dr. Wood
Psyciatrists, esp. those that treat children and adolescents, are in great demand in Springfield, VA. Their potential liability is high and as a result there just aren't enough of them. It is a disaster for us, and I think for the entire community, that Dr. Woods as been temporarily sanctioned and can not practice. My son can't find another psychiatrist who has an opening to see him in order to prescribe his antidepressants. He is facing having to undergo SSRI withdrawal and the terrible depression and incapacitation that will ensue. Dr. Wood is NEEDED in this community! He is excellent with medication prescribing and fills a huge need in that area. We miss Dr. Wood and are facing a terrible time w/my son due to his license being temporarily suspended. This is really affecting our lives and our family.

August 2nd, 2011
GREAT
Excellent in diagnosing problems withmy daughter -- great communication directly & throu staff with follow up Very professional and understandin

July 21st, 2011
Dr. Wood is a psychiatrist, not a therapist.
His job is to figure out what medications the patient should take based on their diagnosis. If you or your children are under the care of a psychiatrist, they should, without a doubt, also be under the care of a psychologist/counselor/therapist. Further, he's one of the few psycho- pharmacologists in the area that accepted most insurances. He's highly regarded by his peers, which speaks volumes. To the person who claims he mis-diagnosed their son incorrectly. My daughter was diagnosed with three different conditions by three different psychiatrists. This is not uncommon. If you aren't happy with the diagnosis, see another doctor, and keep seeing other doctors until they give you the diagnosis you're looking for. I have no doubt that his license will be reinstated once he has his day in front of the board.

July 5th, 2011
He is a psycho-pharmacologist. He does NOT actually spend time with your child. We brought my son to Dr. Wood when he was about 6 years old thinkng that he suffered from ADD. After about a 10 minute meeting with us and barely talking my son, we left with a prescription in hand. After we brought up concerns to him about my son's behaviors, Dr. Wood, rather than actually talking with my son, just changed his meds. My son's physical appearance at age 12 was that of a 8-9 year old due to the meds Dr. Wood kept prescribing. He had the social skills of that 8-9 year old as well. We decided to enroll him in a social skills class for kids with ADHD with a pyschologist. We, were then informed that my son did not suffer fron ADHD, but from Asperger's. We took him off the meds that Dr. Wood had been "experimenting" with my son. He began to flourish. He put on 40 pounds and grew a foot and a half with in a year. When folks ask us about the transformation, we tell them that we stopped seeing Dr. Wood. Silly us, we thought Dr. Wood had our son's best interest at heart.

June 27th, 2011
I've been a patient for 10+ years and am surprised by Dr. Wood's suspension. Does anyone know where I can obtain public information relating to the lawsuit and/or suspension of license? Thank you.

June 27th, 2011
The greatest Doctor there was
My daughter who is now 14 has been seeing Dr. Wood since she was 5 or 6 years old. The bond she had with Dr. Wood was so great that we has her parents knew that if we called Dr. Wood was there to help us get her back on the right track. I don't know what we will do with out him.

Great Child & Adolescent Doctor
Dr. Wood has been treating my son for almost five years. I was completely shocked when I called to confirm the appointments and was told his license was suspended. We have had nothing but a positive experience with Dr. Wood and my son really likes him. His knowledge of the current treatments and changes in the field of ADD/ADHD, in the are of pediatrics especially, is exceptional and we have had huge success in his management of our son's care.

I really don't care!
I have been seeing Dr. Wood for 15 years and he has been super helpful in keeping me going! I am the mother of the 29-year-old who attempted suicide at 14. Dr. Wood was the only doctor who could see that she was really only a cutter. Although it's a little mind-blowing, I am not put off by the subject of his lawsuit. He is as human as everybody else. I would gladly return to him if he gets his license back.

Dr. Wood is GREAT
I have been seeing Dr. Wood since my suicide attempt at age 14. Dr. Wood saved my life, I am 29 now. I read all the public information about the lawsuit and I am still thankful to him for everything he helped me with, and I hope he can continue to be my doctor when this is all over.My opinion about Dr. Wood remains unchanged.

June 16th, 2011
An Amazing Doctor
Dr. Wood is an amazing doctor. I have been seeing Dr. Wood for about 16 year and he is the best. Dr. Wood helped me through some very difficult situations. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here today. I trust Dr. Wood with my life and has always been then when I needed him. He has rules and guidelines that patients need to pay attention to when it comes to refilling your medication. Accepting responsibility for your meds is part of your therapy. I have the utmost respect for Dr. Wood and know that he knows what he is doing. He is the best in the mental health field and I even took my children to him. I'm a Momma Bear when it comes to my children, even now and they have moved out and on their own. I will continue to see Dr. Wood once this mistaken law suit has been dismissed. He will always be #1 in my book.

June 7th, 2011
A very knowledgeable psychiatrist
Dr. Wood is excellent at what he does. My son and I have been his patients for many years. It is clear that he does not practice psychotherapy and on his web-site it states that he is a psycho-pharmacologist. This doctor will manage your medication needs but for therapy you must find a separate counselor. However, he is very gentle and has always been respectful and caring.