Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Mar 26th, 2015

Great surgeon!

Nov 16th, 2012

Excellent doctor! I was diagnosed incorrectly by another doctor who wanted to cut off the tip of a shoulder bone and didn't see that I had a very large spur. Dr. Janda saw it right away. He explained everything so clearly, including the procedure he recomended. I only wish I would have gone to him first, less damage would have been done from the sharp, pointed spur. I had my surgery over 2 months ago, he removed the spur and cleaned up the mess it created. Recovery is going just as he expected/explained.

Nov 6th, 2011

Its been 8 years since I last saw Dr.Janda and I desperately need to see him again for the same shoulder issue. He was very honest with me. i was shown the exercises and how to do them. I have to wait till Jan.1 when my insurance changes so I can go to him. I tell everyone about him.

Jun 4th, 2011

He listened to my problems that I was having with my shoulder. He carefully examined my shoulder and took the time to explain my condition and what was needed to solve my problem. The first doctor to care and take the time with me.

Apr 17th, 2011

Very pleasant and very informative. Explained my condition and treatment options with clarity. He took his time and answered all of my questions.

Mar 25th, 2011

Excellent listener and took extra time explaining my condition to me..... Excellent surgical result

Jan 1st, 2011

Very caring and thorough physician

Overall opinion of David Janda, MD show details Overall opinion of David Janda, MD
by Mel Hibbard on Oct 19th, 2010

Outstanding bedside manners. Put me at ease straight away. Was very supportive and compassionate. His work has finally brought me pain-free shoulder movement.

patient beware show details patient beware
Sep 4th, 2010

My incision did not heal for 18 months after surgery, during which Dr. Janda blamed my body, my medications, used various gizmos including a vacuum pump - and never found the infection that was identified and treated successfully at Mayo Clinic. After referring me to a plastic surgeon (!), he never followed up, and the referral was inappropriate. Patients should be aware and not have absolute trust; Dr. Janda does not recognize his limitations.

Very Competent Doctor show details Very Competent Doctor
Jul 26th, 2010

Dr. Janda is the ONLY doctor that I will trust my shoulders to. Have had 4 previous surgeries with Dr. Janda. The number of surgeries is no fault of Dr. Janda's, they were re-injuries to the area He takes as much time as the patient needs to discuss their problem(s). His staff is very curteous and makes sure that you have everything that you need and all your questions are answered. Would recommend Dr. Janda to anyone for their orthopedic needs.

Jun 26th, 2010

Outstanding diagnostician and physician.

May 15th, 2010

Outstanding person, physician and surgeon

The BEST shoulder doc show details The BEST shoulder doc
May 10th, 2010

When I needed to have a bone spur removed in my shoulder, I started asking around for a orthopedic surgeon recommendation. Anyone I asked, particularly those in the medical community, ardently recommended Dr. Janda as he is known in Ann Arbor as an excellent shoulder surgeon and a committed physician. After my first visit, I understood their enthusiasm. I personally appreciated the way he explained the process of repairing my injury, and for his passion for injury prevention in young athletes. He is personable, passionate about his work, and professional in every way. My surgery in '09 was successful and I am grateful he continues to practice medicine in our area.

Good Work show details Good Work
Jan 3rd, 2010

After years of shoulder problems, I finally was able to have the surgery completed. All is well.

by bob b on Nov 25th, 2009

After waiting 9 months, I was finally referred to Dr. Janda. He actually gave me a diagnosis (no one else had) and I received surgery on my shoulder a month later. Not only was the surgery sucessful I got a tape of the procedure to show my friends. Excellent care.

Bedside politics show details Bedside politics
by Robert Miller on Aug 12th, 2009

Dr Janda is one of the most conservative physicians I have ever heard. Coming from a doctor, it sounds so negative. And frankly, I'd rather just be treated rather than be lectured.

Janda lies about health care reform show details Janda lies about health care reform
Aug 11th, 2009

Dr. Janda is drinking the corporate Kool-Aid on health care reform.

by Mike on Mar 20th, 2009

I am a current patient in the process of recovery from a shoulder replacement. As I have had 3 previous surgeries on this shoulder (done in California by a different doctor, I was well aware of recovery time and had comparisons to care. I found Dr. Janda's pre-surgery care and consultations to be complete and I was made fully aware of all that would transpire. After care has continued in this highly professional manner.

Caution advised show details Caution advised
Jan 17th, 2009

Dr. Janda performed surgery on me that elementary textbooks advised against, a fact I learned too late. When my incision failed to heal over many months, he was unable to refer me to anyone who could identify the problem. He referred me to another surgeon and then never followed up. Eventually, I found my way to a major medical center, where a wound infection was found and treated. I advise caution. Dr. Janda is well intentioned but overly confident. In my case, this caused a serious problem.