Overall Review

2.6

January 26th, 2016
Did not care for the way he practices

April 14th, 2015
Great!
My daughters have seen Dr. Joosten since they were born (5 and 2 now). He has a comfortable manner that puts them at ease. He has always answered all of my questions thoroughly and when I've thought of something later and called the nurses, he gives them an answer and they've returned my call quickly. As a father of multiple children, he gives helpful tips if asked, but does not pressure or judge. When I was unable to produce breastmilk (despite taking medications, pumping, seeing a consultant), he was the first doctor to treat me with compassion and assure me my baby would be ok instead of beating me over the head with "breast is best". My only negatives are the long wait times after we are taken back to a room, and sometimes he orders expensive and seemingly excessive tests without fully explaining, but once he is there he takes the time to address all of our concerns and I would rather my kids' doctor err on the side of caution. I highly recommend him and plan to continue seeing him unless/until my girls mature and request to see a female doctor.

November 11th, 2013
First, I want to address the review below me where someone wrote that Dr. Joosten judged them for having a baby out of wedlock. I am a single mom and have seen Dr. Joosten since my son was born 5 months ago and I have not once felt judged by him. However, my qualms with him are this: he does not seem to remember my son from one visit to the next and that makes me feel uncomfortable. He is the only pediatrician my son has seen since birth (with the exception of a few Urgent Care visits) and that carries a lot of weight with me and means a lot, and for him to not really recognize him or me when we visit is really disappointing. Also, there was a time we came in for diaper rash and he did not catch the thrush in his mouth. We had to come back the next day, which was a Saturday, and wait 4 hours at the Urgent Care clinic. All that being said, I do think that he is knowledgeable and easy to talk to and presents information in a way that is easily understood. I think that, if he continues to not recognize my son and I as my son grows older, I may look for a new pediatrician but for now, I am going to stick with him.

October 27th, 2013
your weird
Actually i thought you were quite the weirdo. Your a doctor not a priest and I don't appreciate you giving your opinion on my sex life. 1st, i didn't even tell you I wasn't a virgin, i didn't ask for your prayers. Also just because your not married and your having a baby or have a baby doesn't make you a sinner. There are plenty of people who are married have kids and the baby dad leaves! So stick to what you know and shove your prayers up your butt and you made me feel very weird and uncomftorable... never again will I be seeing you! YOU ARE SO WEIRD DUDE! & if i could do ZERO stars as your rating. I WOULD HAVE!

March 28th, 2011
Awesome! Compasionate, very intellectual and totally understand the worries of the parents, very good and highly experience dr, when you are with him in the room with your patients, you will feel like everything will be alright. After I left the office, I got a personal call from him telling me the result of my baby's test , explains really good what is going on, respectful to the emotions of teh parents and a good listener, to me it is very important aspect of a pediatrician! He has kids of his own that he is hands on and can relate to the situation,very sweet and works harder to make kids fall in love with him instead of being scared to a doctor. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM!