A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Coats:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Coats is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Coats, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Eyelid Diseases
- Lazy Eye (Amblyopia)
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Disorders
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Coats graduated from Texas Tech University , Lubbock. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Coats has 15 hospital affiliations:
- The Methodist Hospital
- The Woman's Hospital of Texas
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Coats accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 1 plan
- Scott and White Health Plan - 1 plan
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Humana - 4 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David K. Coats practice?
Dr. David Coats practices Ophthalmology and Pediatric Ophthalmology near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Conroe, TX.
See Houston Ophthalmologists.