Dr. David Coats MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 20th, 2015
Horrible doctor
Horrible doctor. Waste of time. Had an appoitment for 2:00 and did not see me till past 5:30. Literally had a nurse stand next to him and hand him files and saw me for less than a minute. Said that my issue is something that only sporadically shows so he would need me to schedule another appoitment. I would never do it ever again.

July 27th, 2012
Dr. Coats' nurse brought my 8 month old girl into a room within 10 minutes of waiting in lobby. She promptly dilated her eyes in preparation for examination and had us wait in subwaiting area. Dr. Coats made my 8 month old wait more than 2 hours while he had his lunch and did not apologize for the wait. Upon questioning him on the long wait he proceeded to tell me that it was due to time needed for focusing muscles to relax that is for proper dilation to occur. As a physician I know this is untrue and that proper dilation occurs as early as 20 minutes. He stated this in front of a resident. So he not only gave me inaccurate information but was also teaching this to a resident!!!

June 10th, 2011
Unacceptable wait times with no reason or apology provided
Dr. Coats is a knowledgeable physician who is skilled at working with very small children and explaining medical conditions in everyday but not dumbed-down language. However, making a parent wait in the exam room with a 3-year-old for over an hour is unacceptable. During that time no one on the staff came in to explain the reason for the delay or to provide updates on when the doctor was expected. When I went to try to find someone I was (not unkindly) brushed off. When he finally did arrive he barely mumbled a brief apology and then reviewed the nurse's exam results. All the work is done by the nurse, he just looked over her exam results, and told me to stay the course and book an appointment in 6 months. For this I waited over an hour? He was in the room for less than 5 minutes. He could have spared me and my daughter the wait and discussed the results with me on the phone. I have an extremely low tolerance for being treated like a supplicant by a physician whom I am paying for service. Be prepared to wait a very long time or find another skilled physician.

October 13th, 2009
Scheduling staff lacks professionalism. Will not return phone calls and has a total lack of concern and a very bad attitude