Dr. David Imagawa Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. David Imagawa?

Excellent Surgeon

Posted on October 25th, 2017

Doctor David Imagawa is an extraordinary surgeon. He operated on my father, 75yo. My beloved father had an incidental finding of pancreatic IPMN, which was apparently growing and had to be removed. The operation (Whipple Surgery) took more or less 10 very long hours. I can’t tell you how difficult it was to wait with fear of losing him. When Dr. Imagawa came out of the surgery room, he looked exhausted and no very happy. He told us, it would take a miracle for my father to remain after 10 days, as there were complications he ran across. Well, my father survived the dreadful recovery stage and in the meantime the pathology report come back; first stage adenocarcinoma limited, which the doctor had thoroughly removed. To cut the long story short, my father was hospitalized for approximately 3 weeks, and aside from the superb nurses, caseworkers, residents, and fellows that he has on his team, he would daily check on my father, and with the little amount of communication that he has, his character uplifted and motivated my dad to overcome the recovery barriers one after another. Yes, Dr. Imagawa is very conservative and reserved, no, he will not communicate the way you might want, but he is absolutely SUPERB! He is gentle, respectful, kind, and very supportive of his patients. He is a remarkable surgeon. My beloved father, my hero, my teacher, passed away a several months after the surgery, not because of the surgery, which was magnificent, not because of the recovery, which took 2 months, but because of PULMONARY TOXICITY to GEMCITABINE ( chemotherapy medication). Although, this side effect is extremely rare, there are cases that have been reported. If you are undergoing chemotherapy with Gemcitabine, whether you have high temperature or not, make sure you LOG your temperature in the mornings, afternoons, and especially ***EVENINGS***. If you notice high temperatures 99.6 above, be concerned, you might be affected and the oncologist must become aware, although it’s rare. My father experienced high temperatures 99.6, 98.8 after his first infusion, he was misdiagnosed for pneumonia, he was given antibiotics, the fever went away, they continued with the second infusion, and the third as scheduled. After the third infusion, my father’s lungs were reacting and not working properly, his fever was 100.8F, he didn’t complain of symptoms, I discovered it because I took his vital signs. They still could not pinpoint the problem, because all the culture tests were resulting Negative. They suspected this, once he entered the ICU. If my father would not have reacted to Gemcitabine, I am certain, by January of 2018, as we had planned, he would be in dear Dr. Imagawa’s office, squeezing him with all his love for everything he did. Dr. Imagawa is amongst the top surgeons of USA who performs the most complicated Whipple surgeries. November, is PANCREATIC CANCER AWARENESS MONTH. I love you dad and I will always live with the dreadful agony of losing you so soon.

Saved My Life!

Posted on January 9th, 2017

I am one of the lucky ones, but with Dr. Imagawa's guidance and expertise I am still here. . .

Posted on August 24th, 2016

I have been very lucky as I continue with my journey with stage 4 colon cancer. The cancer had spread to my liver and I decided to consult with Dr Imagawa within a few months of my diagnosis. He has been an instrumental part of my team help me navigate through this journey. My experience with him and his staff has been exceptional.

Posted on March 22nd, 2016

Lucky to have him as my surgeon.

teacher

Posted on June 2nd, 2014

Second opinion appointment with Dr. David Imagawa

Posted on April 12th, 2014

We sent the doctor all medicals records and history of the patient with highlights of important facts and notes. The CD's with all images were provided well in advance of appointment. During the appointment, it was clear the doctor did not review the file in advance. The appointment was rather brief and the doctor gave us an opinion but he was supposed to review the images with the chief radiologist for a final conclusion. We have not heard back from the doctor or his nurse for over two weeks. We called the office and requested the consult notes to be mailed to us. We did not feel the doctor provided the services we were looking for in a timely and professional manner.

MASTER

Posted on November 20th, 2012

MASTER,PROFESSIONAL, INTELLEGENT AND OVERALL CARING HUMANBEING.

One of 21 Century's Myth

Posted on January 22nd, 2011

Thank for The Greatest Mecical Team.

Posted on January 2nd, 2011

I am alive today after he performed my Whipple. Very smart and caring surgeon. Office staff very professional. I trust him completely.

Genius

Posted on June 11th, 2010

Dr. Imagawa is a wonderful doctor with excellent manners and knowledge. He was very helpful in helping me through my difficult situation of dealing with pancreatitis. He is very VERY confident when it comes to his diagnosis and surgery abilities. I had surgery with this doctor and would very much recommend him to anyone.He may not be the most social doctor, but his capabilities are second to none in my opinion. I had a 4-5 hour surgery with him- and was able to get through it. Many doctors, including himself, told me I'd have to live with a small part of a cyst in me and remove the rest. But after the surgery, he was able to get ALL of it. A wonderful doctor.

Posted on August 16th, 2017