Urologists

Carolina Urology Ctr
1780 Medical Park Dr
Rock Hill, SC 29732
803-327-1116
Locations and availability (2)

1.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
by Brittany on Sep 23rd, 2014

My husband seen dr wright for painful urination, my husband had been tested for every std they can test for and was negative. dr wright would not listen to our concerns. my husband had previously had a ct scan done on his back due to a previous back injury, ct scan showed that he has two herneated discs. dr wright was unable to see this from the ct scan so we had to advise him of it. at that time he advised me that it could be the reason he is having trouble urinating as the nerves may be pinched. my husband was not having urinary retention, his problem was pain while urinating, therefor he would hold his pee. dr wright kept trying to treat him for a lbadder infection or uti. all tests had shown taht he didnt have either of those diagnoses. on a saturday my husband had to call the dr on call due to the amount of pain he was in and was given a prescription for narcotics. when my husband had his appt today, dr wright told him he doesnt know what the problem is and that he will have to just learn how to cath himself from home. he then claimed that we never told him about my spouses back injury. my husband told dr wright he would be getting a second opinion and wanted to know if he could get a prescription to help with the pain until he gets a new appt with another dr and was advised no, they do not supply narcotics. my husband was treated with no care whatsoever, dr wright is a specialist who knows nothing about the field that he specializes in. we are not uninsured pts, we have good health insurance, so that played no factor in his care. he just downright didnt want to look into my husbands problem. he didnt do any tests, bloodwork, or labwork. just gave him a simple, "i dont know what your problem is" WE WOULD NOT REFER ANYONE TO SEE THIS DOCTOR!

|  a ticked off patient!  |  show details
by carie michelle mcclendon on Aug 14th, 2013

I was refered to Dr. Ezell from the er due to having to pass kidney stones. On that following Monday I made that appointment only they said I had to see a Dr. David K Wright. It was a nightmare! I brought the CT Scan results, he shoved them to the side of me and said he don't need it, when i was instructed from the er to bring those with me. They gave me a cup for a urine sample, even though I was still having a hard time urinating, he said nothing I can do until you give me that urine sample. So I sat in the bathroom crying until I finally was able to give some urine. Then he came in again and said there was no kidney stones found on the CT Scan. He said he will have his staff call in 48 hours for the urine sample results. I came home and 3 hours later, I passed another stone. This man has NO business being a Doctor! My only question to this jerk is why did you even become a Doctor in the first place? Because your bedside manners is a NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!

|  your results are really funny  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2012

You have cancer

|  Absolutely Horrible  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2010

I saw Dr. Wright for a chronic skin inflammation of genitals and swollen/irritated urethra. My current condition flares up, resulting in good days and bad days. This particular day was a good day (minor inflammation), so I brought photos and lab reports from previous doctors for him to review. I arrived early to fill out paperwork and ensure that Dr. Wright had enough time to review my lab reports/ references/ treatment history from previous doctors. Within 10 minutes of arriving at the office, I speedily gave a urine sample and was quickly taken to the patient room when Dr. Wright appeared. I was not even finished filling out my paper work (which listed current symptoms and history) when he entered the room. I was shocked that he did not spend time reviewing my referral information and symptom history! So, with no prior knowledge, he examined my genitals. As stated, my symptoms were not inflamed that day and Dr. Wright very coldly told me to: "get out of my head and I can't help you." Dr. Wright spent zero time listening to my story or asking questions about previous treatment and medications. Very unprofessional and robotic, not recommended for more complex/chronic conditions, and deeply closed-minded. Two thumbs way down.

|  RUDE, HEARTLESS, UNKIND  |  show details
by Sad Mommy on May 7th, 2010

I brought my son to see Dr. Wright when he was a week and a half old to have his circumcision done. He told me he wouldn't do it until he was 6 months so he could put him to sleep... So... 6 months later I brought him in for the surgey.This was absolutely the worst experience of my life. Rude, incompetent, heartless people! The nurse said sometimes the numbing medicne they put on the actual penis doesnt work, and I think thats what hapened. I was in the waiting room and could hear him screaming from all the way across the building. And they wouldn't let me see him until 30 minutes later. When I finally saw his doctor,I asked when I could see my son and he said "Idk, Im not in charge, Im just the penis doctor." I asked bout the after care instructions, and he said, "doesn't matter", an shrugged his shouders.He said not to look at it for a couple days bc it looks lke "its been put through blender" (Referring to his penis)!!!! So my Mom told him not to be so rude because I already felt bad about it,and he said "well it was her decision to have the surgery, not the childs."When I finally did get to hold him he looked terrified and couldn't stop crying and screaming. Now, after 2 hours, he is asleep... And he gave me no post-op care instructions and no medications to help with the pain.