Dr. David Kamelhar MD Patient Reviews

3.8

November 25th, 2014
A great doctor!
Dr. Kamelhar is a nice and caring person, and a brilliant doctor. He spent a lot of time (which, as everybody knows, is not typical of many doctors) patiently listening to all of my complaints, asking many additional questions, analyzing my x-rays (not only the last one, but the previous ones as well!), reviewing the blood test results, and, finally, on a thorough physical examination. Then he explained to me possible reasons for my problem, the ways to treat it, and answered all my questions. To summarize, I am extremely happy that I made a call and scheduled an appointment with Dr. Kamelhar!

September 9th, 2014
He's a miracle worker and the most thorough doctor I've ever known. Also a thoroughly nice man.

May 7th, 2013
Brilliant doctor. Usually has a very, very long wait time. Many (most?) of his patients are older to elderly and often arrive late themselves. He NEVER turns them away. I've seen this occur many times. As many have mentioned he does not apologize for making you wait, so don't get irked by that. But he spends a lot of time with you. If he seems like he is moving on from a subject you want to talk about, all you need to so is ask for him to stay on the subject. Dr. Kamelhar is most amenable to patient needs. You just have to advocate for yourself. Personally, he is a lovely man. He went out of his way for me when he did not have to, returns calls, if not same day, within 2-3 days. I called with an important call once, and he had his partner call me back because he was unable to same day. His office, manner, and style can sometimes be frustrating, but no one is perfect. Small price to pay for his knowledge and the fact that he cares, though it might not show. He is a very caring doctor.

February 22nd, 2013
Way the best
A person in the office said he thinks Dr. Kamelhar is probably the best pulmonologist in NYC, and I think that is likely. Dr. Kamelhar amazed me with his expansive knowledge, is thorough and careful, and takes the time he needs. He is kind and caring, which is huge. His office staff warned me that he is often very late for appointments, and even though I haven't experienced a wait yet, I consider it totally worth it.

October 28th, 2012
Reading reviews expected the worse
Read some of the reviews above and I understand that you can't be everything for everyone. I had a great experience with the staff and with the Dr. The staff was polite and professional. Tom, the person that administered the breathing test, put me at ease and was very personable and efficient. When I met Dr.Kamelhar, I understood why I was informed that the wait to see the Dr. could be long, Dr. Kamelhar wants to know a lot about you, he is attentive, personable and thorough. If you are looking for a pulmonologist, Dr. Kamelhar should be your chice.

June 16th, 2012
David Kamelhar is a brilliant doctor and a very caring person. He diagnosed me and saved my life. He is extremely thorough and knowledgeable. He is also very patient and never misses even a tiny detail pertaining to his patients condition.HE IS BEST OF THE BEST. His staff is also very caring and accommodating. In addition Dr.Kamelhar has one of the best respiratory lab which is one of the most valuable diagnostic tools.

June 4th, 2012
He's one of the best doctors I've seen for my complicated health situation. He correctly diagnosed me for pneumonia, when another doctor thought I had asthma!The wait can be long, but worth it. Follow-up is excellent.

May 23rd, 2011
Excellent
***** I believe Dr. Kamelhar is the best doctor I have. He never takes the easy way out and I believe he always has the best interests of his patients behind every decision he makes. At first he appears intimidating, but once you've spoken to him, and discussed your case with him, you come to realize he is a kind and caring physician who only wants and demands the best for his patients. I would highly recommend Dr. Kamelhar to everyone who needs a pulmonologist. In addition, his office staff is helpful, polite, kind and they interact with the patients beautifully.

February 24th, 2011
Very knowledgable and experienced doctor
Dr. Kamelhar is an extremely skilled and experienced doctor. He has helped me greatly with getting control over my lung issues including bronchitis, astma, breathing difficulties. He monitors the status of his patients and has top knowledge in his area. Some complain that it is too long of a waiting time in his office but it is worth it to get the best of care! I am very comfortable with his skills and feel he really cares about my overall health.

December 4th, 2010
Best Doctor Ever
Smartest, best doctor ever. He takes his time making a diagnosis - and doesn't take the easy way out - thorough!

July 16th, 2010
He saved my life
I have been his patient for over 20 years and he is the best diagnostician you could ever find - and a very caring person

February 27th, 2009