Dr. David Kishbaugh DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

no change

June 5th, 2016
First time to see Dr. in approx. three years and know he is throwing me out on the street, because I'm poor, my urinalysis in three years clean, I've been stable on my medication. for over ten year, and know he wants me to become a new Heroin statistic.

February 26th, 2016
This clinic is just a injection clinic, doctors wont take the time to listening to you.

February 9th, 2016
Don't go
Drive by exam and mansplained his treatment theory to me. No thank you "Dr"

January 9th, 2016
Superior
Dr. David Kishbaugh is an excellent physician! He always goes above and beyond to take care of me and my pain management needs. He is always professional and shows compassion for my medical situation. His office staff is extremely professional and caring as well. I have never waited more than 15 minutes for any appointment, and when scheduling my next appointment, they make certain to find one to suit my needs. I highly recommend the RPK Center for pain management needs!

July 30th, 2015
Perfect, professional care
This is the best pain clinic in Fayetteville. Dr. Kishbaugh is the most oustanding, professional and devoted specialist there is. Denise is a superb pain therapist. She has always listened to me and observed my physical health with the utmost skillful, attentive care I could ever ask for. The receptionists always greet me with warm courtesy and I never wait long at all. The assistants always ensure that I'm comfortable, listen to me and give me full details of what to expect at each visit. They thoroughly prepare me to see the doctor or pain therapist, especially Sean. I also appreciate how expediently referrals are handled and messages left are returned. The staff really cares about giving me the best care as soon as possible. And I truly appreciate the reminder calls I receive when I have an upcoming appointment and the follow up calls I get after a procedure. You're absolutely the best RPK staff. Keep up the superb work! :-)

March 26th, 2015
Arrogant bully more interested in scoring points with his in town colleagues than in actually providing care to his patients.

May 2nd, 2014
DO NOT GO HERE
For a patient to come to you in pain, obviously they are hurting. To be treated with such rudeness and disrespect like they do is beyond me. I asked if I could speak with Office Manager and she said would talk to my provider which I might add was not who I was sent to be seen and she would call me back that day. I called the following day and even though they were still answering phones they claimed I couldn't talk to anyone because they were closed early on that particular day. I was not allowed to switched providers after clearly stating that my pain management team was rude and disrespectful. In fact, I clearly mentioned to practitioner that her nurse was very rude and had no bed side manner. She replied, that is not her job. Her job is to get the facts and report to me. I have called repeatedly to see how to properly wean off of my meds since they obviously don't care about my treatment with no response.

March 27th, 2014
Amazing doctor
The RPK center is amazing. The doctor remembers many of his patients by name even on the occasional run in at the grocery store. I have been followed for 3 years now for a severe spinal injury, and Dr. Kushbaugh has been nothing but polite and cordial all of the time. I feel that doctors like this one get a bad rap do to patients abusing the drugs that are prescribed. It is why the patients are followed so closely at his clinic. I hope this helps people decide where they want to be seen at. I do highly reccomend this clinic.

November 4th, 2013
Not Bad Center
I only saw the Doctor at my first visit. I had been seeing a spine specialist for 4 years prior to this visit. I moved out of Florida, and insurance sent me here. Initially went in for my back, but DR. Noticed I ( could) have fibromyalgia as well. He was correct. Very keen on his part. I saw Denise the next 11 visits, who assessed me as well as taught me many facts regarding fibromyalgia. Denise has a stern demeanor, but knows her stuff. She bent over backwards for me when I was moving out of that area, even finding someone to transfer to in SC. She didn't have to do that, but she did it for me. Thank you Denise and staff! Oh how I miss you!!

August 7th, 2013
horrible doctor and PA's
when I was 13 I suffered a horrible car crash by a drunk driver. I finally healed at the age of 18, I recently within the past year got into a nother bad accident. I was referred to the RPK Center. The doctor took less than 10 minutes with me gave me Tylenol for my back problems, then I was out and had an appointment the following month, seen a PA, that gave me opana which my insurance did not pay for. She gave me that medicine for 3 months knowing that my insurance was denying it. So I finally told her that I want something my insurance will pay for so she gives me tylenol 3 what she does absolutely nothing for the problem that I have. Went back the following month told her it didn't work so and then after 5 months of having back issues and trying to raise five children she gives me percoset but only 30 a month which does not help, so It takes me about 3 weeks of stretching them out then ask me why my urine test keeps coming up clean.I tell her because its really not enough, and I would like a stronger dose. I feel the pain not you. Then she had the audacity to accuse me of selling my medication. Knowing that she's seeing my MRI'sand all the nerve damage I have in my upper neck. these doctors are rude and I are only out for their money I would not recommend these people to ANYBODY!

January 22nd, 2013
Concerned
I was sent to Dr. Kishbaugh for an indepent exam for continuation of my disability for my insurance company, Liberty Mutual. This exam was very important to me. I was expecting a thorough exam from someone who is knowledgeable of neurological disorders and pain management. He did not demonstrate expertise in either area. I was also surprised to discover that I had to complete, what felt like a ten page medical and work history form before the exam, and was rushed to complete by his staff with threats of having to reschedule if it wasn't completed asap. It should be noted that my husband drove us more than two hours just to get us there, and that riding in a car for long periods is painful for me. Dispite feeling rushed, I was unable to complete the entire history before he came in to see me.Also when it came to the diagram showing where and what kind of pain I have, it was so small that I couldn't adequately complete it. I complained about it and the nurse took the history away from me before I could even try to complete it. Once he arrived, I was able to verbalize that I had nerve damage from a surgery I had. From that point the entire assessment went downhill. He repeatedly asked me if I had been offered or been spoken to about surgery for the nerve damage. I have seen some of the top doctors in the country and feel certain that if that was an option, it would have been offered to me. From that point I started feeling defensive because he repeatedly asked me about it as if it was some standard of care for nerves that had been damaged. His neuro exam consisted only of checking the reflexes in my arms and legs. He did no sensitivity testing, nor did he even question me about it. He looked at my scar from the surgery but didn't check my skin or nails. He did test my stregnth in my extremities. At any rate I felt his exam was less than thorough considering the many other neuro exams I have undergone over the last few years. When he saw in my records that I have seen the medical directors of the pain clinics in two well known hospitals, again he repeatedly asked me about surgery offers. When I again told him no, he then switched to concentrating on what "I" had done to address my condition since I was disabled. I tried to tell him about the many modalities of pain control I had tried, and he cut me off but asked me the question again. Again I repeated myself to be cut off again. I was so flustered, I forgot to tell him that I had visited another prominent hospital for a consult in another part of the country. It was as if he thought I had not done enough. Overall I felt he had his own agenda, which I suspected was in favor of the insurance company. I felt as if he was detached and lacked expertise regarding the type of pain I have and treatment modalities. When he did ask questions he cut me off so frequently that I felt I couldn't get a word in edgewise. The entire exam felt rushed and he only spent about ten minutes with me. I am still confused regarding his questioning since it didn't seem pertinent to my illness. Also I thought an independant exam was supposed to be without any prior information about my medical history. Because I had concerns about the questions he kept asking me and I couldn't recall all the doctors names I had seen over the last two years, I called his office to give them that information. It took them two days to call me back and when I started giving his nurse the contact information for these other doctors, she told me first that he'd already dictated and that nothing could be added and then told me that all that information had been received with my medical records from the insurance company. If he did in fact receive my medical records, he either didn't read them or he was trying to trip me up somehow. If he did receive my medical records, I would think that would be a conflict of interest since this was supposed to be an independant medical evaluation. At any rate I feel his exam did not demonstrate any expertise concerning my medical issue. I felt rushed by both him and his staff. I felt as if I was under attack during the exam and was/am shaken by the whole process and I do not believe that this was an unbiased evaluation. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone suffering with pain.

June 27th, 2012
Being treated for lumbar pain
Staff seems courteous and competent. Nurses, Nurse Practioner and Doctors listen carefully to pain symptom descriptions. They offered several techniques for pain control. Some of the techniques have worked better than others due to my condition.