Dr. David Kitts Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Kitts?

Posted on February 28th, 2016

What a great Doctor! This is the dr you want if you need to have an operation. And unlike many others he's really friendly and has a quiet calm manner. You can tell he's been doing this for a long time. I felt so reassured ! Like sitting down with a friend. And everything went great! Highly recommend him!

I was lucky to have Dr. Kitts

Posted on October 16th, 2013

I came to TFH needing an emergency colon resection and I was lucky enough to have Dr. Kitts as my surgeon. As a result of my illness, I was in the hospital for three weeks and, even though he was extremely busy, Dr. Kitts was always abreast of my current situation, came by to check on me frequently, took the time to answer the worried questions from me and my family members and was, in general, everything we could have asked for during a very difficult time. For 1-2 years after the surgery, I had questions about side effects, etc. and Dr. Kitts made it very clear I was welcome to contact him any time and promptly returned my emails/calls when I did so. I hope that I won't ever have to have a similar surgery in the future, but if I do, Dr. Kitts would be my absolute first choice. Thank you, Dr. Kitts! It's been 7 years and my family and I still think of you fondly. We are so grateful for your care.

Very

Posted on March 9th, 2012

Dont Use This Doctor

Posted on January 28th, 2012

This doctor is rarely working, refused to refill my prescription that he had originally written for me and asked me to see another doctor to refill my prescription. He was distant distracted and was not a good doctor in any respect. I have been living abroad in third world countries for the past 4 years and I received much better medical care than this doctor.

Doctor's Response

Dr. Kitts is generally on call for Emergency surgery at Tahoe Forest hospital for 15 days per month, 24 hours per shift. In addition, we see elective surgical patients in our offices from 8:30 to 5:30 five days per week. I don't believe that we could possibly be any more available than we currently are. We've also not taken care of a patient living abroad at any time during the past several years and we're always happy to refill prescriptions, even if we didn't write the original. Wrong Dr. Kitts?

4 Purple Stars? I'd give 5

Posted on April 20th, 2011

Compared to other surgeries, mine was very minor -small hernia, but Dr. Kitts patiently and thoroughly explained the method for repair and what to expect after surgery. He has a very calming, easy-going, "comfortable" personality. He's also very good looking. But he sometimes seems sad. He needs to take a break from work, relax a little, go on vacation or something.

GC

Posted on December 21st, 2010

Rest assured you have found a top flight surgeon in Truckee California. He performed three procedures on me in four weeks. All went as well as could be expected. Dr. kitts is very professional and a stickler for details. Would refer him to everyone.

Posted on August 30th, 2010

Dr. Kitts is a great guy! He spent a lot of time with me and explained my surgery carefully and with pictures. (He actually drew pictures of my insides and what needed to be done!) My husband also liked him, because he's a fly fisherman!

Posted on August 17th, 2010

Dr Kitts is very profesional and maticulus. He took great care of me thru out the process of my condition and surgery. He is very well respected by the hospital staff.

Posted on June 17th, 2010

Dr. Kitts is a wonderful, caring doctor. I would recommend him to anyone.

Posted on March 6th, 2010

Dr. Kitts has to be the WORSE Dr/Surgeon i've ever dealt with. Not only did he have the worst bedside manner ever in the office and the day of my surgery. He had the nerve to tell me that I was 'wasting his time' because he never explained the risks and benefits to me. I couldn't sign the consent for him to do my surgery until he explained it. I would NEVER in my lifetime recommend this guy to anyone.

Posted on November 11th, 2015